replace D16 for B series, which one is best

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

theroach

Got a 1999 Civic Ex (Sohc vtec) and want to swap it which swap is best for this car.
Not looking to go to crazy in the swap,
what ever is easiest that give good power return

try the search button on this site and maybe put in swap and see what you get.

b16 or b18, b20 those are your b series choices. b18c would be very good and not too pricey.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Feb 29 2004, 08:13 PM
b18c would be very good and not too pricey.

I dont know where you come from, but 3k+ is pricey.

b18b's are great engines, but NA or turboed, and can be had pretty cheap (between 1200-2000)

the b16 is nice, however, the lack of trq is a major downside, expessailly in a EK Coupe.

GSR's (b18c1's) are very nice, and offer a high reving, high trq (compared to the b16) high hp powerplant that is great for drag racing, autocrossing, road racing, or just plain daily driving.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Feb 29 2004, 07:23 PM-->
@Feb 29 2004, 08:13 PM

b18b's are great engines, but NA or turboed, and can be had pretty cheap (between 1200-2000)

the b16 is nice, however, the lack of trq is a major downside, expessailly in a EK Coupe.

GSR's (b18c1's) are very nice, and offer a high reving, high trq (compared to the b16) high hp powerplant that is great for drag racing, autocrossing, road racing, or just plain daily driving.

b18b for 1200 i would like to see that. every place i have seen have b18b's for 2k and up. junkyards around my area have them jacked way up too. 3k for a good motor isnt too pricey. dont you have a 4-5k itr swap? and how is the gsr a more high reving motor than the b16?

Originally posted by vtecsir1+Feb 29 2004, 09:00 PM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 29 2004, 07:23 PM
vtecsir1
@Feb 29 2004, 08:13 PM

b18b for 1200 i would like to see that. every place i have seen have b18b's for 2k and up. junkyards around my area have them jacked way up too. 3k for a good motor isnt too pricey. dont you have a 4-5k itr swap? and how is the gsr a more high reving motor than the b16?

you have to search. I have found full integra ls's for 2k.

And I have a GSR swap, and I didn't pay 3k for it.

Back