Replacement ECU

Is it possible to get around the anti theft or is fixing my car hopeless?

• No chance of fixing it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Easy fix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kristen Rose

Im in desprate need if some help! I lost my key so i had someone rip out the ignition. After doing so i was informed that it was a chipped key and by ripping out the ignition set iff some anti theft bull crap so now my car is immobilized. Ive been trying to bypass it but aint having any luck. I was told that i could switch the ECU AND BYPASS IT THAT WAY. Unfortunately i dont kno anything about any of this crap. Can someone walk me through this?

It would seam you could find the ignition lead wire before it goes into the security or even the ECU and wire a bypass. They have service manuals at most libraries and they have very detailed wiring diagrams which can be used to figure out your mess. Depending on year will dictate the difficulty involved. In the future never dig into wiring or ignition without a manual and some knowledge on what you need to do. I know what its like to be in a bind and be desperate for your car to work. I once locked my keys in my car while it was running and broke the rear passenger window to get in the car. Good luck, if you have questions or need help just post again!

It would seam you could find the ignition lead wire before it goes into the security or even the ECU and wire a bypass. They have service manuals at most libraries and they have very detailed wiring diagrams which can be used to figure out your mess. Depending on year will dictate the difficulty involved. In the future never dig into wiring or ignition without a manual and some knowledge on what you need to do. I know what its like to be in a bind and be desperate for your car to work. I once locked my keys in my car while it was running and broke the rear passenger window to get in the car. Good luck, if you have questions or need help just post again!
Really old thread

Back