replacing a cabin wire harness? 96 accord EX? help.. please?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hothondaguy18

hi,
recently my dad rove my car to cali. on his way down the illumination wire to the stereo heated up and melted itself to the surrounding wires all the way up the cabin harness. ( it didnt blow the fuse for some reason.) anyway i have never tore this vehicle apart and it has airbags. its just making me nervous. i took the console out, and the glove box, the heater and the insturment pannel. i ordered a new cabin harness but am wondering if i need to take out the whole dash, or if i can just take out the heater blower housing. if i need to take out the dash, does the airbag on the pass. side unbolt and come out above the dash?

someone please read this and give me some advise. i dont have a chilton book on my car..... i am going to get one though.

I can tell you that the airbag does unbolt and come out the top but make sure you unhook the battery and then unplug the yellow connector for the airbags then when done plug the yellow connector back in and hook the battery up. If you unhook it with the batter on it could blow out at you(rare) but will definatly throw the airbag light up and then you have to get it reset.

Back