replacing a crank pulley

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
how do you take off the stock main crank pulley on a b16?? i cant get the damn thing to not turn when im tryin to loosen the bolt.....is there a trick here?

also, what are the benefits of having a lighter crank pulley? i dont have p/s or a/c either....

unless its fully balanced then there is no benefit
other than the benefit of fucking up your engine

keep the stock pulley... if you dont have the PS or AC attatched you already got most of the gain

but if you really just NEED to get one make sure it is balanced

you dont if you want to keep your engine for awhile....pulley's screw up the balance,timing and rotational speed of stuff that will kill your reliabity.race car drivers use them but also use new engines every couple of races so if you are rich go for it if not dont take it off

if you must honda sells a special tool to take it off:
holder handle and a pulley holder attachment 50mm

The oem piece is fine, if you don't have ps and Ac like E said, get it balanced and I personally would cut off those two attachments on the crank pulley, I get freaky about weight in my rides. :)

and I don't want to hear about it E, you know the AC scenario :)

Milan

I have the special Moroso tool for the crank to remove the crank pulley bolt of you don't have any air tools. It's a big hex shaped socket with a tang that comes off the side to put a 1/2 inch braker bar into, and it 's hollow so you can stick another socket in the middle to break the crank pulley bolt loose, while you hold the pulley from turning, it costs 45 dollars and I bought it at summit

Back