Replacing OEM shocks with something comparable

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohcvtec_accord

WRX Sellout
Alright, so a friend of mine has a 98 Accord with 120k on the clock. She's been told she's got alot of things needing to be replaced, and the hot button is that her shocks need to be replaced. I'll be doing the work for her.

So.....what should I tell her to get? OEM's, from hondaautomotiveparts.com? Cheapo Checker/AutoZone shocks? Something else that's an upgrade, but not considerably stiffer than stock? She wants to spend as little as possible, but I'm not about the quality of the cheapos.

Thanks in advance for any help.

even the chepo ones from checkers/autozone/advanceautoparts/pep boys have a good warranty. , I would call around to the different stores to see what they have in stock and compare prices.
for around the the same price or less you can find some tokico's or some kyb's

Yea, i'd shoot for some KYBs, or Tokicos, can't beat the ride for the price, and warranty.

Get the Ebay deal on the Tokico HP's and Tokico springs...I had HP's on the FoDo and on the EF, and had ZERO problems with them. Even after burning, rolling, exploding, etc., they never blew. If I hadn't gotten such a good deal on the Tein's, I would've put Tokicos on the EG, too.

No springs. She just needs to replace the shocks, since they're on their way out. She's not at all interested in performance. She just wants something with a decent ride and good quality.

I've run the HP's on two modified cars, and I definitely love them. I'll be interested to see how they'll work on a stock car.

Back