Replacing Struts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rockenroller6

Okay so I've come to the point were I need to replace my KYB GR2, I've never replaced struts, so I was wanting to know if anyone could tell me if there are any bushings or mounts I need for the install along with my new struts. I'm not going to do it myself, I just want to get all of the parts together so I have everything. Thanks for the help!

you need nothing (unless something is broken) .. just swap everything over.. you'll probably need a spring compressor though.. you can rent them at Autozone

just be sure to put the strut back correctly.. every little piece, in the right order.. if you're lowering it, you may want to cut the bumpstops in half and stick the thicker half on the new strut

alright.. you may or may not need the spring compressor with those springs.. .. and for a perfect alignment you'll need to go and have the toe set correctly... something you should always do after messing w/ the suspension .. costs about $35-$50 depending on who you go to

i did this my self jus the other day when puttin in some lowering springs..00' ej8 ... Struts were gone so jus got some replacements for the time being. Its pretty simple but if u dont wanna do it urself, u shuld be pretty good wit jus the replacements...an wats the deal wit cuttin the bumpstop?...i keep hearing about this?? :mellow:??

Back