1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing Valves

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by hybrid_b18, Mar 14, 2004.

1. hybrid_b18

hybrid_b18 crew chief

Damn, what the hell am I doin up? Anyway, im gonna take out and replace my valves just wanted to know what tools do i need and what is the procedure for taking them out. Thanks folks ::yawns:: good night 1:57am :eek:

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

what engine is it. On VTEC heads, it is a little harder because of clearance issues. Find a post by LSVTEC for his recomendations on Valve spring compressors. Your also going to need to need a good feeler gauge and a wrench to do adjust valve lash when you assemble. Snap on tools makes a great VTEC valve lash tool, however it is pricey at around $80. Also, you may need to have the valve seats reground/machined, and to do that, you need very expensive tools. For the machine work, i would recommend you take it to a good machine shop.

Also, have a helms with you.

3. hybrid_b18

hybrid_b18 crew chief

dang, sounds like ill just be takin it to prolpochun.

4. 9sech22civic

9sech22civic Senior Member

yes once you install those new valves and have the valve seats redone..hell mill the head and make sure you lap those babies when you install them too.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted