resetting ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

I know this has been covered before but I cannot seem to find it.

What would be the proper way of resetting my ecu?

un plug a battery terminal and step on the brake for 5-10 seconds and plug it back in.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Sep 23 2004, 12:52 AM
un plug a battery terminal and step on the brake for 5-10 seconds and plug it back in.
[post=393783]Quoted post[/post]​

Step on the brake? Why, there are zero electronic parts in the braking system. Pushing the brake will do nothing.

There are many ways to do it, however, easiest way is to remove the battery cable, or take out your ECU fuse (not hazard fues) and let the car sit for a while. I normally just let it sit for like a minute.

:moved: This is an ECU question.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Sep 23 2004, 12:29 AM-->
revolution8k
@Sep 23 2004, 12:52 AM
[post=393783]Quoted post[/post]​

Step on the brake? Why, there are zero electronic parts in the braking system. Pushing the brake will do nothing.

There are many ways to do it, however, easiest way is to remove the battery cable, or take out your ECU fuse (not hazard fues) and let the car sit for a while. I normally just let it sit for like a minute.
[post=393811]Quoted post[/post]​

The power has to come from somewhere doesn't it? wouldn't the battery be the only thing that gives power to the electric parts on a car? hell, thats what I've always been told... thats how scc does it...

if you are trying to reset it for performance make sure you have the same gas you plan to be running, and disconnect the ecu when the car is warm, let it sit, and then hook the ecu back up and start the car while it is still warm so the ecu will be calibrated correctly...

Originally posted by radnulb@Sep 23 2004, 10:57 AM
I just unplug the ECU - works every time for me. :)
[post=393952]Quoted post[/post]​

yup~ take out the fuse located on the top left hand side corner in the fuse box or just simply unplug the ECU

The ECU doesn't need to calibrate. All it learns are long term part throttle fuel trims. WOT runs of the same map each and every time regardless of what the part throttle trims have learned.

Back