Resistor Box Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eicivic

Does anyone know how many Ohm's the OEM Honda Resistor Packs put out?

I have one that is putting out 6.5 + Ohm's on each individual wire.

Aren't the Honda OEM Resistor boxes suppose to put out 2.5/3.0 Ohm's?

You cannot acuractely messure the resistance of a a resistor in circuit. For example, If you are using a low budget dvm from radio shack or the like those meters at best have a 10MOhm impedance which will load down a circuit severly. Another problem is that if you don't have a schematic to compare to you might think you're measuring just the resistors value but it can infact be in series or parellel with some other component. So the appropriate way to test the resistor box is to disconnect it from the circuit and then take measurements.

Quoted post[/post]]
You cannot acuractely messure the resistance of a a resistor in circuit. For example, If you are using a low budget dvm from radio shack or the like those meters at best have a 10MOhm impedance which will load down a circuit severly. Another problem is that if you don't have a schematic to compare to you might think you're measuring just the resistors value but it can infact be in series or parellel with some other component. So the appropriate way to test the resistor box is to disconnect it from the circuit and then take measurements.

I checked it when wired up but with no power going into it or coming out. So i was just testing the base of the power in and right where the power would be coming out. Wouldnt that be correct.

Its installed just like this..

resistorpackwiring.gif

I know the picture shows 7-8 ohms but im getting less. Would less ohms be telling the injectors to give more fuel or less?

Back