1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resleeving B18b to 84mm

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Poweredbyrcade, May 17, 2008.

1. Poweredbyrcade

Poweredbyrcade New Member

hey there. I just bought a b18a block from the junk for $85. It was a bargain so I had to get it. The thing is that since I have some spare change I thought I would deck out the block by resleeving it to 84mm. The thing is that this is my first build and I was just wondering how much will it cost to get it resleeved? I don't want to get ripped off since I don't know much about resleeving. Also what kind of pistons should I get? I wont be putting turbo in this motor since thats way out of my budget for now. Any responses will be great. Thanks!

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Typically about $800-1000 to resleeve through one of the major shops, plus shipping.

As for pistons, any decent forged piston will work well, but I recommend CP pistons with Swain Tech coatings if you can afford the $.

3. Marky Mark

Marky Mark New Member

the cheapest i found around my area was 1300 dollars for the sleeves and the machine work. but there is alot of other shit that you gotta get/do in order for it to be done.. i didnt even get sleeves and the machine work and for them to assemble the motor was 850 dollars.. dont be like i was and just expect everything to be in your budget.. its alot more money then you expect.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted