Ressurected Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I will get pics up thursday evening or sooner. I keep forgeting to bring the camera up to my massive garage. but i got the hood on needs a tiny bit of finaggling to fit perfect. also the radiator support is welded on correctly and painted along with the rest of the engine bay that wasn't black.

finally the engine is in it! and half hooked up.

i did all that and went to my Dramatic literature class before and am going to play Upright bass in the Orchestra tonight, one heck of a busy day, although i guess every tuesday and thurs are like this so. . .

First some pics of dents that need smoothed out.
DCP_0052.jpg

DCP_0051.jpg

Airbag from my integra
DCP_0058_1.jpg

toys yet to be installed
DCP_0057.jpg

Frankensteinhood hinges
DCP_0055.jpg

shot with door open showing off all the clutter
DCP_0056.jpg

engine is in
DCP_0054.jpg

lots of room around the turbo!
DCP_0053.jpg

Last edited:
that pic of "the dent that needs to be smoothed out" is a pic of a quarter panel that need to be replaced.

block and hammer, i figure if i can get behind it, it will come out if not i could pull it out or just cut out the bad and rplace with new sheet metal. I am doing the work at a body/machine shop so i have the resources to fix it, joe(youknowwhoibee) can account for that.

Quoted post[/post]]
thats awesome... coming along well. When is the electron blue paint going on? Still next week?
Not if he hasnt started working on that quarter yet! That quarter is fucked. If you need any body advice shoot me a PM or IM, but that thing is going to take a newbie quite some time to get looking helf way decent.

Jim, if you need a del sol front fender, shoot me a PM, I have a Samba Green left fender with dents that can easily be banged out.

Need a turbo timer?? i have a Greddy one, brand new in box, never used only mounted. comes with everything :) oh and a black face autometer boost guage. pm me if you want anything.

lol...id want some of that action.

I love the sol. dont let these guys bad mouth ya. ive caught a lot of flack for my maaco paint prelude...still beats most of the guys (the 2 SCed and N20ed) i hang with. Gotta demand some respect for the H badge.

:clapping: YO MAN BEST OF LUCK WITH THE CAR DOG, MAKE SURE WE SEE IT WHEN ITS FINISHED. make tha shit a beast, fuk everyone over when they think your car is slow. live it up homie live it up. ...................................................................and you know your car is nice is a female can get you a blowjob in it.

Old body trick for gigantic dents. This won't fix yours, but it will get it alot closer than it is now..

Go buy a cheap basketball. And a pump and needle if you don't already have one.

Insert needle in basketball. Deflate.

Insert basketball into fenderwell, between subframe and outer metal.

Pump up ball.

POP! that shit comes right out.. well, not your shit, cause yours is pretty mangled.. But it'll make it much much better than it is. You have to over-inflate a little to get the dent to stay out. And it helps to move the basketball to various areas around the dent and push those out as well.

Remove ball.

Yes, a redneck tought me this.

Yes, it works like a champ.

Quoted post[/post]]
thats awesome... coming along well. When is the electron blue paint going on? Still next week?

Uhh. . . paint is going to happen eventually but i don't think anytime soon as in the next week or two.

Quoted post[/post]]
Why is that car in that bad of shape? Did it come from a junkyard?
I bought it for $275 from a friend it came with 16" motegi rims so i figured it was a good deal

Quoted post[/post]]
Jim, if you need a del sol front fender, shoot me a PM, I have a Samba Green left fender with dents that can easily be banged out.

Nope i got a pair of Z3(ricer) fiberglass fenders, they need to be modified because of the eg front end conversion. I paid only $50 for the pair so i don't mind that gheyness of them.

Today i finished wiring the injectors. 440cc dsm i used the instructions off of homemadeturbo.com. Also my slave cylinder fits! It and the wastegate were trying to share the same space to i had to further modify the bracket the the wastegate is mounted.
Also i should get pics up of the down pipe it is pretty much 2 1/4 inch pipe that uses the stock mounting locations and o2 sensor.

Or, you remove said panel and bang it out on the metal working table, bondo it, slip it, sand it, paint it.

A Ferrari mechanic taught me that :)

For the crater they have a thinga'ma'jig up at the shop that can pull it out by drilling holes and putting pins in it. or hammer and block if i can get at the inside of it. or i can use my magic genie from the lamp. . .

Quoted post[/post]]
Or, you remove said panel and bang it out on the metal working table, bondo it, slip it, sand it, paint it.

A Ferrari mechanic taught me that :)
That's a quarter panel, it's not just bolted on.

Jim- shoot me a IM sometime, I live like an hour away and could possibly help you out with that quarter.

yeah, genius, its welded on. its one huge piece that goes from the rear to the roof and down to the bottom of the car..

Back