Ressurected Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Shaping a new piece of steel isn't too tough either. Once you sit down and resolve yourself to doing it.

Cut out all the misshapen metal, then grab your steel sheet, make the bends using the $5 dies, hammered out. Then you align it on the body, cut your lines, saw it and it's ready for tacking. Weld it into place, grind the steel, then sand the lines together. Del Sols aren't too tough for that, because the lines are basic.

Or, since it's a common car, go to the yards and cut out the affected steel from a donor.

Quoted post[/post]]
Shaping a new piece of steel isn't too tough either. Once you sit down and resolve yourself to doing it.

Cut out all the misshapen metal, then grab your steel sheet, make the bends using the $5 dies, hammered out. Then you align it on the body, cut your lines, saw it and it's ready for tacking. Weld it into place, grind the steel, then sand the lines together. Del Sols aren't too tough for that, because the lines are basic.

Or, since it's a common car, go to the yards and cut out the affected steel from a donor.
Hondaswap.com does not condone nig rigging. Cutting a 3 foot section of structural sheet metal out of a car and tacking in some random patch is dangerous. The quarter is designed to absorb energy from impact in a certain way and throwing in some huge patch in the middle of the quarter is asking for someone to get sliced in half upon impact.

his car has potential... so what it has alot of dents and bruises. It will be fixed. But look at the mint 94 integra he got for 900 bucks. That was in way better condition but he chooses a del sol and in the end a turboed ls is further than alot of people have gone.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Hondaswap.com does not condone nig rigging. Cutting a 3 foot section of structural sheet metal out of a car and tacking in some random patch is dangerous. The quarter is designed to absorb energy from impact in a certain way and throwing in some huge patch in the middle of the quarter is asking for someone to get sliced in half upon impact.

werd whats with eveyone thinking you can just half ass jimmy rig something and it will be all fine and dandy when its painted and done? I wish the people that didnt know how to fix something properly would just leave there backyard advice out. Lastthing anyone needs is someone jerryrigging there car body/structurally and going out and getting into an accident and getting hurt and saying oh well my car must have folded up like tinfoil cause how they guys on hondaswap told me to to use elmers glue on my quarterpanel. Im sory folks but i do this stuff everyday, and there are just some things that if you cant fix right you shouldnt fix at all.
spend the extra money buy a quarter panel and replace it right or otherwise have it done proffesionally.

people replace quarter panels, it's nothing new. it'll be fine as long as its done right

My car is beat down also man..

Props...

It only makes ya laugh even harder when you pull on a nice clean shiny car.

Its one thing to lose to a Honda but its another to get really walked by a piece of shit looking Honda. I know it pisses em off real bad...

But its fun to see the look on their faces.

Good luck man. Be curious to see the before and after.

I finished running lines to the turbo it now gets oil and water. Also the radiator is in with a nice low-profile fan, that is still perlisouly close to the waste gate but not actually occupying the same place. Last thing i did today was install the Intercooler. Bought it from ww.johnnyracecar.com for $155 shipped it is such a steal i totally reccommend them.
THings to do yet
finish intercooler piping
put oil in engine
put coolant in the engine
add brake fluid and bleed that
same with the clutch
Start the engine and laugh and cry and jump with joy!
and then do all that body work

Quoted post[/post]]
I finished running lines to the turbo it now gets oil and water. Also the radiator is in with a nice low-profile fan, that is still perlisouly close to the waste gate but not actually occupying the same place. Last thing i did today was install the Intercooler. Bought it from ww.johnnyracecar.com for $155 shipped it is such a steal i totally reccommend them.
THings to do yet
finish intercooler piping
put oil in engine
put coolant in the engine
add brake fluid and bleed that
same with the clutch
Start the engine and laugh and cry and jump with joy!
that made me laugh out loud 3:30 in the morning, haha

will it be drivable without it done? it was bad but did it prohibit driving?

props on doing it yourself. what you're doing is really impressive. i'd personally love to see another general lee paint job on it :p .

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

that made me laugh out loud 3:30 in the morning, haha

will it be drivable without it done? it was bad but did it prohibit driving?

It is drivable, just not leagally i need a new windsheild in it to put it on the road. I am going to take it out regardless on some back roads when i start it up assumeing nothing seems really bad.

Been pretty busy with school
IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

we were racing
IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

I win!!!11

Anyway here is where i am currently at with my car
DCP_0071_1.jpg

Coilovers, have been on a while but i don't think i posted pics.
DCP_0065.jpg

450cc dsm injectors, installed hommadeturbo.com style
DCP_0063_1.jpg

2.25 inch down pipe
DCP_0062_1.jpg

DCP_0066_1.jpg

Johnnyracecar.com intercooler ran me $155.
DCP_0064_1.jpg

I love working at an exhaust shop, piping was no problem.
had to pull out the turbo to deal with the unplugged hole in it located where the new bolt is
DCP_0061_1.jpg

DCP_0066_2.jpg

looking more like a car.
DCP_0070_2.jpg

rear discs and sway bar was installed the day i got acces to the lift.
DCP_0071_2.jpg

you've seen this a thousand times
DCP_0072_2.jpg

my facilities.

dude i think you said your gonna paint it electron blue or whatever, but i think it looks bomb orange with the black hood, even with the white rims it looks bitchin

Back