Resurfacing vs Milling

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRonDUBS

I got into an argument with this kid about milling or resurfacing a head bef he told me milling you head and resurfacing it are the samething? I beg to differ.

Milling bumps up compression, right?

But resurfacing is just planing the head for a flat even surface, before assembly?
Can anyone help me?

And i didn't know where else to post this so live with it guys.

:werd: It depends how you want to use the word they are practically the same, just how you want to use it

Resurfacing is taking off just a little, mainly to flatten the surfaces. Usually for Maintenence/repair

Milling is usually taking off a little more than resurfacing for the minimal performance gain.

They both flatten the surfaces, you can use either word and it will be correct.

Two different words

Milling/milled
1; To grind, pulverize, or break down into smaller particles in a mill.

2;1: Reappear on the surface 2: cover with a new surface

One is with intent to keep as much orignal as possible, the other is based around reconfiguring.

In machining, surfacing is just shaving the top of the stock .005 or .010 or till you can shave the entire top completely down to leave it all flat.

Milling is when you actually take a piece of stock and begin making something with it... Whether it be pockets, holes, MILLING or anything else....

this is milling a gun, men in black hehehe
post-4116-1114750808.jpg

if you don't believe me, i'll shoot your ass to mars LOL
post-4116-1114750701.jpg

Back