Retarded question!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have looked around for this info, but I haven't gotten a straight answer. What are the year models for the different generations of accords? Example: 90-93 integra is a second generation.

Which model is the easiest to put an H22A into? I am guessing a 94+ model would be the easiest, but they are also alot more expensive. I was planning on getting an accord and swapping in an H22, or just turbo an f-series engine. If I don't go turbo, then I guess that I will turn to nitrous.

Honestly, I know a good bit about integra's and a little about civics, but I know almost nothing about accords. But after researching forums and things like that, I have actually learned a little bit about them.

First Gen is like 76-81
Second Gen is 82-85
Third Gen 86-89
Fourth Gen 90-93
Fifth Gen 94-97, although OBD changes happened in 96, like everybody else.

I lose track after that. I've done swaps in 90-93 Accords, and a 94 Accord swap. Honestly, the F22A is closer to the H22A than the F22B(1 or 2). The cowl area of the 94-95 Accords is harder to negotiate than the 90-93's. Overall, the 90-93 Accord IMHO is the easiest. The motor mounts swap, bolt up deal.

92-93 EX is my favorite so far. ABS, airbag, sunroof, and the IAB wiring is already there. 90-91 Accords don't have ABS or an airbag.

What would be the problem with not having ABS or airbags?

You said that the 92-93 models have the IAB wiring. I imagine that I will have to wire this in if I get a 90-91 model?

Quoted post[/post]]
What would be the problem with not having ABS or airbags?

You said that the 92-93 models have the IAB wiring. I imagine that I will have to wire this in if I get a 90-91 model?

ABS is good, even for a good driver. For sport driving, you don't need ABS. If you're doing 70 mph on wet pavement and a truck loses it's load, you'll want it.

I've personally hit an airbag, and you'll have to trust me that they are good 99% of the time.

92-93 EX Accords have IAB. 90-91's may or may not. It's only one wire to the ECU and one constant power wire anyway. It's just nice to wire less, and have something already done.

Since the price of a 91 isn't much lower, a 92 EX is a better pick for the money. 94-95's are also good, but the swap is a little trickier. There's a reason why when I was forced to sell my 92 LX, I immediately bought a 92 EX. $3500 for a mint car loaded with options is a bargain. Swap in 200 hp engine and LSD tranny, fun car.

Back