Return of the Camaro

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Not new, but thanks for playing :)

CNN said it's new. It's not. You've always been able to get an original tooling camaro from Baldwin.

That, and the article is a week old too.

That won't be a production GM product at all. a Camaro with an 8.9L V8 making 200 more horses than the new Z06. Baldwin might be making it, but it's not the "return" of GMs Fbody platform.

It's exotic - it's fact, but it's also overpriced. Almost 500k for what is basically a big-block musclecar? No thanks. I'll take a new F430.

Quoted post[/post]]
It's exotic - it's fact, but it's also overpriced. Almost 500k for what is basically a big-block musclecar? No thanks. I'll take a new F430.

BAH... You had me all excited.

I keep waiting for chevy to release a new camaro... Especially one based on classic looks. I've always liked the camaro, but would never own one. Cheap plastic everywhere, rattles, problems with the window mechanisms in every camaro ever made, etc etc....

Nice to look at, fun to test drive, but would never own one.

Quoted post[/post]]
That won't be a production GM product at all. a Camaro with an 8.9L V8 making 200 more horses than the new Z06. Baldwin might be making it, but it's not the "return" of GMs Fbody platform.

Obviously it's not gonna be the return of the Camaro. I was being facetious. I find it hilarious that a Camaro, no matter how souped up, is going to be sold for almost $500,000.

Collector's item or not, I wanna see the 12 jerks that blow this much money on a Camaro.

I doubt GM will bring out a camaros anytime soon. They can't even sell off the cars/trucks they have even with highly reduced prices.

GM is doing really bad right now company wise.

okay well those 12 cars will all sell for far more than 500k in 5 years time.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Obviously it's not gonna be the return of the Camaro. I was being facetious. I find it hilarious that a Camaro, no matter how souped up, is going to be sold for almost $500,000.

Collector's item or not, I wanna see the 12 jerks that blow this much money on a Camaro.

I recall the last 02 red Z28 ever produced being sold at auction for about that much. Being the last ever (4th gen) Fbody and all.

Quoted post[/post]]
I doubt GM will bring out a camaros anytime soon. They can't even sell off the cars/trucks they have even with highly reduced prices.

I wonder if that is because they haven't updated their engine or suspension technology in more than 30 years...

Naaaaaa.. Couln't be that... :blink:

:dry:

P.s. The new corvettes are STILL riding on leaf springs. :puke:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I wonder if that is because they haven't updated their engine or suspension technology in more than 30 years...

Naaaaaa.. Couln't be that... :blink:

:dry:

P.s. The new corvettes are STILL riding on leaf springs. :puke:

Why bother? They used that 30 years to absolutely perfect the setup.

That 350 cubic inch pushrod V8 combined with the IRS and leafsprings is STILL kicking ass on the track.

and now that the new Z06 has a 7 liter engine, it'll continue to do so.

Why bother? They used that 30 years to absolutely perfect the setup.

That 350 cubic inch pushrod V8 combined with the IRS and leafsprings is STILL kicking ass on the track.

and now that the new Z06 has a 7 liter engine, it'll continue to do so.

"Why bother?" That's the exact reason that GM is folding right now. "Why bother to upgrade the interior?" "Why bother to bring in new technology if what we had 30 years ago worked?" Why bother isn't going to get any business very far... Just because something works doesn't mean that it can't be improved....

Leafsprings might be kicking ass, but redesigning to something more efficient could make even BETTER times.

Actually, half the reason GM (and ford) are doing so poorly is because the unions are kicking their asses with insurance/retirement/etc. premiums.

Quoted post[/post]]
Actually, half the reason GM (and ford) are doing so poorly is because the unions are kicking their asses with insurance/retirement/etc. premiums.

:withstupid:

I don't care how many cars you sell, if you're paying out your ass for your employees you're not making much.

GM needs to go overseas, or something. The way things are going nowaydays - I see them being a second rate car company in a few years. As if they aren't already.

Back