Rev Hard Turbo Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

and aren't stickers supposed to give you 50 horsepower?

it just doesn't work.

here's why:

The premise is that the ECU is massively advancing the timing because of the reduced MAP signal. Manually retarding a few degrees or even 5 degrees with a BTM just won't do any good when you're talking about nearly 30 degrees total advance. The "naysayers" make an awfully good case for this too.

The afc hack, nor an fmu, do *NOT* increase or decrease timing. Why? Well the honda ecu controls the timing not the afc. However the afc hack can trick the honda ecu into doing weird things with the timing.

However, at WOT, the honda ecu is in open loop, using set fuel maps and timing maps. So the timing at WOT is going to be the same if using a stock honda non-turbo, afc hack, or a fmu setup. The only time timing will become an issue with the afc hack is at part thorttle and low rpm and in boost.

The honda computer advances the timing at low rpms and part throttle for increased torque..but with boost added this can cause detonation.

Due to the voltage stuff mentioned above- the msd btm, retarding .75 degrees per psi of boost, is meaning less, at 30 dregrees total advance.

If you want to manage detonation- Run good fuel, with a good fuel set up.

you are willing to spend $3000 on a turbo kit.
but cry and whine about $500 for a hondata to make it last.

i don't understand.

Thank you civic15.8. How is your car doing? Do you use at as everyday driver? Have you ran into any problems?
I really appreciate your help.

right now i have blow by of the piston rings so it is causing oil to come out of my valve cover breather.( i think my rings are done for) but i dont think that is the turbos fault i think that is mine for putting a turbo on a 126000 mile car. it tore up the clutch so i recommend you go ahead and get one i had my stock almost new clutch in it and it lasted about 2 weeks and it was through with yes i use it as my daily driver and it does fine havent had any problems with it other than the ring problem.

It looks real good. Very clean, I think I may do a little more homework on it and try to start saving. Thanks

Hey pissedoffsol
What is a BTM? Sorry if it is a stupid question, but I don't know too much about this stuff, but I want to learn. Thanks

Back