Rev limiter - HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1995 Civic EX

I've got a 95 Honda Civic Ex with a B16A engine , I recently installed a P28 ECU (from a d16z6) to OBD0 harness , all seemed well all wiring is correct BUT I cant seem to rev past 3500 my car stutters when i try to pass it. someone told me that it has a rev limiter that steps in.............. abyone know how to FIX THIS??

why the hell are you running an obd0 harness with an odb1 ecu? why not upgrade the sensors to obd1 and run an obd1 harness?

The guy who had the car before me , he hooked the B16A to OBD0 ECU because he fried the Correct ECU. So when i got the car i had to convert the OBD0 to OBD1 inorder to install my P28 ECU. and i'm trying from here, do you know what can i do to fix the rev limit...................

Last edited:
is the ecu chiped. if so what was used to tune it.
if its not then idk what to tell you i dont know of any honda ecu with a rev limit set to 3500. any cels

it says that vteck engages at wot at 4500 rps and the revlimiter is set at 7600. this is corect i used to have a 19 civic. fun car.

im sure it has something to do with your wireing are you in limp mode any cels

check your codes it sounds like my b18. it could be a crank position sensor my obd1 b18a in my rex cuts out at 3500

Back