Rev Your B16 to 12,000 rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by the bad link you gave us@ Jul 8 2004, 12:20 AM
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

the highest i ever rev my motor is 10k and thats when im not paying much attention and trying to fuck with the ford guys.and grey smoke comes out,so whats up with this post?

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 8 2004, 01:13 AM
Just cut/paste it...

http://asia.vtec.net/article/Spoon1/

I'm lazy. and I just clicked on your link and it worked fine. :hmm:

YUMMY!!!!!!!! minus the altezzas...

type1f.jpg

The Spoon facility just looks fucking insane,,, so clean and geometric from the outside to the inside.

Yup, and I'm sure that Spoon rebuilds them after every race just like any other high dollar team does.

Yea, but they are also banging it off 12k every shift - as opposed to someone on the street who would would probably use it much more sparingly. Still a good upgrade, since most motors don't even make power that high anyways. Being able to rev to 9 or maybe 10k reliably would probably be good enough for me.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 8 2004, 12:10 PM
Yea, but they are also banging it off 12k every shift - as opposed to someone on the street who would would probably use it much more sparingly. Still a good upgrade, since most motors don't even make power that high anyways. Being able to rev to 9 or maybe 10k reliably would probably be good enough for me.

:werd:

Rocket makes cams with profiles that make good power above 9500 rpm. You just have to build the bottom end accordingly. Of course nobody in their right mind would try to take a stock block that high on a regular basis.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 8 2004, 09:51 AM
motors that rev to 12k are awesome.......

.... for rebuilding ever 3-6 months

I would have no problem rebuilding a motor every 3-6 months if it was my track car. You would just want to check the main and rod bearings and valve clearances at regular intervals. Kinda like changing the oil.

That is pretty sweet to see guys who are really into racing, and its nice to read about someone serious about making their cars a complete product instead of every other Honda tuning company out there which is concerned with flooding the market with parts, of course you have to earn a position like Spoon has to be able to say that.

Back