reving up and down

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cavrx

Ok once again im here with a lil issue with the sohc zc. I did the mini me swap on the zc a few months ago. And alls been good since until now. The other night my crank pulley flew off. Luckily it happend while i was sitting in traffic. Well the next morning after work i got a new pulley bolt and some locktite. Well i put the pulley back on and it was kinda loose on the crank. knowing it's not supposed to be loose I tried another pulley and it was also loose. After close examination of the crank it looked kinda spun (outta round).
Being I didn't have a new block lying around i just put alot of loc-tite on the bolt and key and torked it down to the specifics that came with the bolt. Well all was good until a day later.
Now after she warms up she throws a cel and starts reving up and down. And while driving when you switch gears the rpm's wont drop. I checked the codes and it thew a light 10 and 43 the iat and fuel system error. I replaced the iat and no good still the same. Now i have the integra ls ecu and the code 43 dont apply to the crx as i'm told. Now i know the pulley fallig off doesn't have anything to do with my current problem unless you guys know other wise.
if anyone can inlighten me on my reving problem I'd greatly appreciate it.

Oh yeah i did check for vacuum leaks and there were none.....

Revving problem- maybe an intake system gasket- check the intake manifold to head gasket and the throttle body gasket. As for the rest of your problems...... damn.

check the intake manifold to head gasket and the throttle body gasket

You can do this by getting some carb cleaner spray and spraying it around the intake manifold gasket or throttle body gasket while the engine is running, the engine will bog a little if there is a leak.

I tried the gum cutter trick. No such luck. Atleast my engine is clean now. Besides all the gaskets are new since the head swap.

check the pcv valve, that cost me an ass load of work and trouble, because me car wouldnt idle right and kept bouncing all over the palce, it would get stuck almost the same as you. i changed the air idle, tps, all the sensors on the manifold and it turned out to be the 3 dollar pcv valve, which was stuck open. lol hope this helps

ok i got rid of the iat code. now i got code 14 iacv and 43
Can any one tell me if the 43 code would pertain to the crx? Remember i got a pr4 ls ecu. i got the fluctuating idle gone but now she revs to 2grand at the stop lights. I'm getting really anoyed right now cause this is my only ride right now and i gotta drive 130 miles in traffic to and from work every day.

Any views on this people?

Fast Idle Thermo Valve, Located right underneath your throttle body. Take it apart, screw the plastic screw back in and its fixed. Atleast thats what was wrong with my gsr.

Code 43 is indicating problem in the O2 sensor circuit or fuel supply system (poor driveability).

Check and make good the IACV first to get rid of the high idle, its probably causing the car to throw that code 43.

Originally posted by swanny@Jan 27 2005, 11:13 PM
Fast Idle Thermo Valve, Located right underneath your throttle body. Take it apart, screw the plastic screw back in and its fixed. Atleast thats what was wrong with my gsr.
[post=452384]Quoted post[/post]​

Look for pinched or possibly broken vacuum lines, they'll cause unsteady idle

Back