revving problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b204dr

im kinda new to the swap thing but i swapped a b20 into my civic gsr tranny running on a 00 ex ecu.. is the reason i can only rev 5k the ecu being the fuel maps are incorrect.. or is it some thing else .. motor stock can rev 6800

You're probably tripping a VTEC error... the 00 EX is looking for a VTEC subsystem, and the B20 doesn't have one. Once you rev up to where your VTEC crossover would normally be, everything looks wrong to the ECU- so it's probably capping your max revs.

yea that sounds about right but ive been looking for an obd2b ls ecu for the longest and none in mn and outstate want like 150+ lol..might just wait going b20/vtec next summer..but want the rev right now dammit

I just used the ex ecu to get my car running lol.. ive been looking on egay.. they aint had shit latly thats usually my first spot i look my car is home done and ghetto rigged right now.. trying to make it un ghetto rigged.. it was auto.. converted manual im just getting in depth into swaps in the last few months.. my turbo kit is still missing a few pieces shouldnt be long .. once im done installing that need some uberdata!~

In minnesota yea.. no salvage yards have any .. not even one.. i checked all the local posts nada.. and on here one guy has obd2a ls ecu when i need obd2b ls ecu due to it has different plugs and wont fit.. i have run my car on a b16a2 00 si ecu and still ran into the problem the only vtec ecu that i had no problem with was a mugen p72 with some other chip in it i dont know for some reason it didnt through my vtec code.. but any ways thats about it for now

ps.. the mugen is my friends for his lsvtec .. and aint no way he is selling it to me lol

theres a couple for sale in the classfieds right now- but yeah, the y8 ecu is not going ot run it perfect.
keep iut under 3500 rpms so you don't dammage anything

i rev to 5k just fine but when it try for more.. back fires heh.. im just gonna say f*&k it and buy one even if it cost me

Back