Rex swap info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hseriescrx

hey guys im lookin for helpp on decidin on which motor i should put in my rex dx money is not an issue so let me know what u think, i was thinkin b20 with b16 head or a b18 ls with a 97 ls head with b20 cams or an ls vtec im not sure cuz if ill be able to run hard witho out vtec than good but if i can also have the vtec than even better anyways thanks i would love the feedback.

now the question on that is will it all fit and what else would i have to do to make that work cuz ive never worked on any of those motors any info write back

Yes it will all fit. It's been done before, and I believe HASport has a mount kit to put the K in an EF.

No I can't give you a full list. Even if I could, that's something you would usually pay someone to do for you. Do some research on the forums.

I spoke with my older brother and he mentioned something to me that was very intriguing he told me about an eg hatch over here in florida with an h22 with an adapter to fit a gsr tranny and he was running mid 12's with a stock motor and clutch. so now i'm thinking i should do that but while the motor is out of the car, port and polish the head, bigger valves, dual valve springs and retainers, more aggressive cams, and a set of cam gears, and with the block, drop in a block guard, a block girdle, low compression pistons, and high compression piston rings so i can boost it so i can run at least mid elevens on pump 93 gas and 9lbs. of boost, what do you think?

The H on B transmission has been done. I think you need to do more reading up on exactly what all those mods you just threw out there really are.

Basically you just put the motor in a big box, toss all the cool stuff in there, and let it cure either out in the sun or at my house. it'll build it right up, but sometimes you don't get your motor back.....

the weather FTL......

:/

FYI: you will not be able to block guard a closed deck! :eek:

H22A4 Block = Open Deck
H22A block = Closed Deck
H23A block = Open Deck
H23A1 block = Closed Deck
F22 block = Open Deck
F23 block = Open Deck
F20B block = Open Deck

Also if money is not a big deal, You should go with the K-series swap. Change the head, cams, intake and header and you will be putting down at least 250 to the floor. Or turbo the K-Series. it is up to you. do a little research. The k-series mount mount kit will cost you almost a G.

Last edited:
thanks for the input guys i really appreciate, now i also have a honda accord that i just bought and im lookin to do a jdm conversion on it do you guys have any websites for any of that i also need some websites so i can do more research on all of thes engines and combinations thanks

check out hmotorsonline.com any motor on that site will go into your car.

Last edited:
Back