1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rex swap info

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by hseriescrx, Jul 30, 2006.

1. hseriescrx

hseriescrx Junior Member

hey guys im lookin for helpp on decidin on which motor i should put in my rex dx money is not an issue so let me know what u think, i was thinkin b20 with b16 head or a b18 ls with a 97 ls head with b20 cams or an ls vtec im not sure cuz if ill be able to run hard witho out vtec than good but if i can also have the vtec than even better anyways thanks i would love the feedback.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

1. Punctuation is good
    2. If money is really no object, go for a K24 block with a K20A2 head.

3. hseriescrx

hseriescrx Junior Member

now the question on that is will it all fit and what else would i have to do to make that work cuz ive never worked on any of those motors any info write back

4. phunky.buddha

Yes it will all fit. It's been done before, and I believe HASport has a mount kit to put the K in an EF.

No I can't give you a full list. Even if I could, that's something you would usually pay someone to do for you. Do some research on the forums.

5. hseriescrx

hseriescrx Junior Member

I spoke with my older brother and he mentioned something to me that was very intriguing he told me about an eg hatch over here in florida with an h22 with an adapter to fit a gsr tranny and he was running mid 12's with a stock motor and clutch. so now i'm thinking i should do that but while the motor is out of the car, port and polish the head, bigger valves, dual valve springs and retainers, more aggressive cams, and a set of cam gears, and with the block, drop in a block guard, a block girdle, low compression pistons, and high compression piston rings so i can boost it so i can run at least mid elevens on pump 93 gas and 9lbs. of boost, what do you think?

6. phunky.buddha

The H on B transmission has been done. I think you need to do more reading up on exactly what all those mods you just threw out there really are.

7. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Basically you just put the motor in a big box, toss all the cool stuff in there, and let it cure either out in the sun or at my house. it'll build it right up, but sometimes you don't get your motor back.....

the weather FTL......

:/

8. ispool2

ispool2 Junior Member

FYI: you will not be able to block guard a closed deck! :eek:

H22A4 Block = Open Deck
    H22A block = Closed Deck
    H23A block = Open Deck
    H23A1 block = Closed Deck
    F22 block = Open Deck
    F23 block = Open Deck
    F20B block = Open Deck

Also if money is not a big deal, You should go with the K-series swap. Change the head, cams, intake and header and you will be putting down at least 250 to the floor. Or turbo the K-Series. it is up to you. do a little research. The k-series mount mount kit will cost you almost a G.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  9. hseriescrx

hseriescrx Junior Member

thanks for the input guys i really appreciate, now i also have a honda accord that i just bought and im lookin to do a jdm conversion on it do you guys have any websites for any of that i also need some websites so i can do more research on all of thes engines and combinations thanks

10. erebunicrx

erebunicrx my name is Dale

check out hmotorsonline.com any motor on that site will go into your car.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted