Rex tranny issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

N/A b18c1

Mysterious
As my SI tranny is out of commission, I bought a DX tranny from the junk yard....Its making this hmmmm noise, IN NEUTRAL AND GEARS... sounds like the input shaft but im not perfectly sure, can it ever be the flywheel cause i didnt change the bearing on it when i changed the clutch only the release bearing....once i step on the clutch pedal it goes away but when i let it sit it makes that hmmmmm noise..... been driving a whole month, nothing is happening, which tells me its okay.....

SI tranny is up for sale if anyone wants it....local pick up only....55106

It's not the flywheel itself it's the pilot bearing in the flywheel that makes the noise.

You should always change both bearings when you replace the clutch. And I would probably replace it sometime soon because it can be fine one day and seize up the next...

As it has been a long time since ive checked this crap......i knew i should of changed it when i had the chance.....now its winter....Storm came today...its really bad...thanks for the help

Back