rex wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wlp2008

i have a d16a6 88 crx. the car came without a distributor so i got one last night and hooked it up. car would turn but wouldnt fire up. looked at the starter, the bearings were complete worn out so i bought a new one and installed. now the car wont even turn over... any suggestions?

Check your fuses, Recheck your starter connections, Check 12v voltage to the starter, check starter signal at the starter, Check ground, check battery voltage

battery and fuses are all good. not sure if i have the starter wired right though... the blue coverd wire, that comes out of the main solenoid which goes into the block, is to short to reach where i think it goes.? i looked online for a diagram but couldnt find any that matched my starter. the way i had it before was the wire off the main solenoid grnded. then the power wire into the nut placement on the other side of the starter. shit this sucks i need some help.

looking at the end of the solenoid, the positive cable from the battery connects to the post on the left, the wire from the starter itself connects to the post on the right, the black with white stripe wire connects to the small terminal on the solenoid

91-23-45-2.jpg

yea thats a nice pic but my start isnt the same.
its got only one spot for the power wire one the starter, the wire coming out of the other soleniod i just grounded to the harness clip..?.. and uhm problem mighta been bad connection from the blk/wht wire. i wasnt getting volts and when i tried pullin it off it snapped so im assuming thats why it wont turn..
but honestly everyones telling me that it isnt the starter. if it isnt the starter then it would have to be the ecu or main relay.

first off is it an si?
if not then check your ecu wires make sure none are pulled,chances are if the rex is a dx he did the mpfi wiring and a wire must have slipped out

or u got the wrong starter if it dont turn over

Are you able to turn the motor by hand? (Put a 17mm socket on a breaker bar on the main pulley bolt)

If so, assuming the battery has a good charge and your terminals are tight jump the starter with a screw driver or equivalent metal device. Jump from the hot cable to the starter wire. (Use caution and avoid spark near combustible areas.)

If the starter serves it purpose, work your way back from there.
Good Luck;)

Yup it coulda been a ground wire the thermostate grounding wire all the way in the back.

ok the starter that advanced gave me was "defective" i got new one, also the car to turn over.. finally got someone to turn the key while i checked for spark.. no spark.. the dizzy i got came off of a running car and is definatly wired right, so where is the crank sensor and should i check timing since its not getting spark?
any suggestions this is over my head but i like learning about this stuff. thanks for all the help

Back