Rex's D16y8 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GOOD FAST CHEAP,
you can pick only two.
fast and cheap isn't good
good and cheap isn't fast
good and fast isn't cheap

Man, is that ever so true. So it would be longer until I updated the build. What would be better for that price?

Why did I see that coming? Well I have around 1000 in unpaid unemployment and I am getting screwed by the state of Oklahoma right now so maybe I can talk them into giving it to me tomorrow. If not I get paid for working Dry Gulch Wednesday. It's kinda like working for Silver Dollar City or Frontier City if you have ever been to one of those. Maybe I should sell drugs...? Overglow maybe. It would be like Underglow but on top of your car instead. lol, You know Ricers would buy it.

Very much so. I got a call from my unemployment and finally got stuff rolling so I should see a big check within a week or two from them. yay! I filed for 5 weeks and got nothing so maybe they will send it all at once. I decided to put the cross drilled and slotted rotors next on my list because the rear rotors are squeaky every where I go and it's just plain embarrassing to drive this car. The body damage is bad as it is but I am more concerned about drive ability. Post will come rolling in soon.

Damn Rusty! How the hell did it rust that much? Should I just leave it out in the rain? Crazy man... That looks like over seasoning. Thanks for the link!

Good build man, But why such a low comp? 9:1-9.5:1 is perfect!

That block was a "junk" block that sat outside for about a year or so, now Im bringing it back to life and Injen says it will be stronger too so we will see!

I was thinking 9:1 if I went with forged or something besides the vitara's. I may try it and up the boost with a good tune. Mine will be sitting through this winter so it will not get a season as good as yours but I hope it will help. Nice Snake btw!

This is just my 2 cents on the compression but you may as well run a high compression and boost. Both is possible you just need to watch what kind of overall compression you will be hitting with the boost. With a higher static compression you don't have to run as much boost to create the same power. If you run higher static compression, 9.5 or so, you will have more power when your turbo is not spooled and it will help to spool your turbo faster. Does that make sense?

here is a calculator to figure overall compression with boost

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/compression.htm

Last edited:
I have trouble relying on calculators...
Welcome to Honda Swap.

Well I keep going further away from this build. Today, I busted the weld off of the downpipe some how while driving down the highway. Will post pictures before I rip the exhaust out from under the car. It is freaking loud as hell now. :(

Ok, I am looking on craigslist for a cheap welder but I could take it to the muffler shop and pay. It was 80$ for my aluminum exhaust and the welds and 40$ for the muffler. Guy ripped me off and then the welds sucked. It was a place called Pro-Tech Muffler.

Why does this shit keep happening!?

DSC00068.jpg

The more the car breaks the more tools I have to buy, lol.

I cannot tell from picture but is there a flex pipe on there anywhere? If not that may be your problem. If you don't have one on there make sure you get one but then again your gonna be pullin motor soon anyway so???

Back