RHD Conversion?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dwn2low

How hard is it to do this conversion and what all is needed on an EG hatch

It's fucking stupid, fucking pointless, and not to mention fucking stupid. Don't bother. Save your money for engine and suspension upgrades.

not to mention its gay. oh and pointless, and stupid, and a waste of cash. there are so many parts you'll need... it isnt even reasonable.

Just cause you convert to RHD doesn't make it JDM, dumbass. Its still gonna be a USDM car, just all chopped up and unpractical for driving here. There is no advantages to RHD. the only reason its cool on a JDM car is because just that... It's a JDM car... From japan!!! RHD=JDM JDM= Japanese Domestic Market.

I dont see US in there anywhere

Dude, Why would you choose to force yourself to learn how to drive again. Why the fuck do you think Jap imigrants suck at driving so bad in a US car. I'm not saying they all suck but if you hopped on a plane to Japan and tried to drive over there you would understand. First time you crash what you gonna tell the cops? "Its oK cuz I'm just learning." They'll yank your license. :poke:

If you do insist on doing it, the best way it to swap the firewall (along with all attached goodies), and steering rack. Should be able to get the parts with any RHD clip. Don't cut the front off the car and weld the front of the JDM car onto it, that s not a good way unless you are an engineer and have access to a frame straightening machine which is big and expensive.

As far as it being smart, ok here's my .02, it henders your view in passing, and some turning situations, so it makes you hazard on LHD roads, and I don't like hazards for the sake of being cool, so if I see you expect the middle finger

i would personally not do this but for all you ppl making negative comments, SHUT THE FUCK UP. Quit being so immature.

its very impractical..... BUT.. if u really wanted to do it... you need the shell of a JDM car. then u would have to take your present shell off ur chassis, then weld the JDM shell on. O yea... you need the JDM dash as well...

Originally posted by platanazo64@Jul 1 2004, 12:23 PM
its very impractical..... BUT.. if u really wanted to do it... you need the shell of a JDM car. then u would have to take your present shell off ur chassis, then weld the JDM shell on. O yea... you need the JDM dash as well...

I do agree that RHD is gay in a LHD Country, :wtf2: are you talking about?

Well problem solved I am moving to Japan with the air force in dec. So all those who got who were asses don't expect me to be sending back any parts. LOL

I always liked the idea of having a rhd car in america. It isn't any more of a driving hazard than learning how to drive a car with a manual transmission. You just have to practice. Good luck in japan, I heard it is hella cool.

Originally posted by dwn2low@May 20 2004, 05:54 PM
How hard is it to do this conversion and what all is needed on an EG hatch

step 1. move to Japan
step 2. buy a car in Japan
step 3. drive a RHD car... in Japan.

Thanks Mike I will I can't wait to go. I picked Japan and Italy and got japan :)

Rev read above before replying.

omg you are so cool going to japan!!! I wish I was like you. Then I could talk about it and be the coolest kid on the block. When you get there send me like 654324872135765124687921210 post cards so I can be cool and say that I know someone in jdm land. :roll:

By the way if you're going to japan a conversion is not needed jackass. Damn I guess the air force lets all kinds of jackassess in don't they. What kind of low-class job did you get?

Uh also if you read you would see I said problem solved. Second I am an officer in the AF and i do Aircraft Maint. I'm glad to see that you have the slightest bit of respect for those who serve your country. The cuss words though are not needed. Atleast be an adult.

Back