RIAA: May They Burn in Hell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

These are the people you should be fearing, not the government. This ... Stasi ... operates outside of all morality and reason.

We should be in the streets with flaming torches.

College is the biggest rip-off ever.

I had great grades, yet, i still know nothing. I work at a company touted for their abilities in their industry . . . i dont see how i am contributing anything as my knowledge base is so small.

yea...college is pointless...yet...to make more money...its something you need...pretty crazy...i did very well in college...and the ONLY reason i landed the job i have now is because of someone i know...

college lays down a frame work
i wouldn't say its pointless, but you'd definately learn more with 4 years experience compared to 4 years of college

that pretty piece of paper with your name on it makes a pretty big difference in a lot of fields

i wouldn't say its pointless, but you'd definately learn more with 4 years experience compared to 4 years of college

Experience in the field of your choice is far more valuable. Often, the connection between classroom learning and "street application" is never even attempted in a college classroom.

that pretty piece of paper with your name on it makes a pretty big difference in a lot of fields
Depends on the field.

A 4 year accounting degree did nothing for me. They SHOULD have an undergrad tax program out there - now that would be usefull.

I had great grades, yet, i still know nothing. I work at a company touted for their abilities in their industry . . . i dont see how i am contributing anything as my knowledge base is so small.

I had horrible grades, yet still I know everything. I work for a company touted on ancient technologies. I don't see how they could function without me, as my knowledge base is so vast

:D

I had horrible grades, yet still I know everything. I work for a company touted on ancient technologies. I don't see how they could function without me, as my knowledge base is so vast

:D

Case in point:

My career vs B's career.

You dont need to insert the smiley face . . its completely true.

A 4 year accounting degree did nothing for me. They SHOULD have an undergrad tax program out there - now that would be usefull.
then you'd be stuck doing tax prep your whole career
you want a quick education in tax?
take the H&R block course
that might help to connect the dots between classroom fundamentals and tax returns

what are you doing at your job right now?
when did you graduate? it was over a year ago right?

:withstupid: But a real life tip for you all... don't work for your cheap-as-hell dad. You'll actually make decent money.

Shit I make 20-25/hr working for my dad now. I'm taking over the company when he retires, and I become co-owner when I graduate.

I'm glad I never went to college. People are always amazed at how much experience I have for being only 23.

Back