RIAA starting in-home searches in december

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Arg, 9 MB...

Is this for real or just a joke?

sorry- I dont feel like wasting an hour of my precious time.

yeah, obviously.

the only reason i don't have dsl or cable is because its not available in my area.

sucks living in the boonies. :(

Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 8 2003, 08:23 AM
i like d.s.l's myself

:)

Ill second that. RIAA is fucking gay, just when you think they can't get gayer, they go out and fuck people in their asses.

Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 8 2003, 09:23 AM
i like d.s.l's myself

you like dick sucking lips just as well as any other man.

Originally posted by dveit+Sep 8 2003, 09:09 AM-->
@Sep 8 2003, 09:23 AM
i like d.s.l's myself

you like dick sucking lips just as well as any other man.

captobvious.jpg

I love how they picture the RIAA , that's exactly what I had in mind that I'd thought they would look like.

if someone who said they were from the RIAA ever came to my doorstep, it's quite likely I would have assault charges on my handes as well as copyright infringement.

then again, you can always make a cute little script/prog that reformats your drive.

in win95/98 it is wack easy. DOS: [ deltree C:\ /y ] . What evidence?

edit: that video is funny. lol.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Sep 8 2003, 02:33 PM

it's a little more involved than that.
with just a deltree I can still recover whatever data was on the drive.
you'd need to al least do a deltree and then write randon 0's and 1's to the entire drive the more time this is done the better. the partition table and MBR needs to be re-written to be effective in covering up data.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM+Sep 8 2003, 02:45 PM-->
liquid00meth
@Sep 8 2003, 02:33 PM

it's a little more involved than that.
with just a deltree I can still recover whatever data was on the drive.
you'd need to al least do a deltree and then write randon 0's and 1's to the entire drive the more time this is done the better. the partition table and MBR needs to be re-written to be effective in covering up data.

I work at Seagate so I have learned a thing or two about hard drives in the last few years.
all that happens when you delete something or reformat is give the computer permision to write over that part of the disc. even when it does write over the info, it doesn't cover it all up and the old info can still be recovered. you would have to rewrite "random 1's and 0's" probably a hundred times to "hide" your illeagal media..... or if you really think this is going to happen.....

take the drive out and smash it, that is the only way to be 100% sure
or tell them that you are Amish and don't even know what a compruter is <_<

ya, i can detach my hard drive in a matter of seconds (no cover on the computer) so while im busy putting the hard drive in the microwave for a few minutes, ill just stall them at the door with my .45 :lol:

big magnets are good at ruining hard drives :)

and static is good at frying things!

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Sep 12 2003, 07:22 PM
big magnets are good at ruining hard drives :)

and static is good at frying things!

i dont got a big magnet.....

will the hard drive in the microwave be as effective?

Back