RIAA sues XM!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
riaa argues that its basically letting people get music for free. riaa agress that xm is highest payer of royalties, but then they said that just shows how shitty the royalty system is.
That is bullshit, they are already paying $12 a month to receive the XM radio. I would think that they would have a better chance fighting against smaller brand MP3 players. They couldn't really go against apple because apple has iTunes which spits out protected ACC files but smaller MP3 players that do not have a music store behind them.

xm even argued that they disabled computer access to there device to try and keep people from distributing the music. all they want is to give there listeners a way to make playlists out of stuff they copy from the radio. the law states users can make 1 copy for personal use.

riaa says that the device is a distrobution device so they need to be paying for not only the playing of the songs but the distrobution of it also.

fuck XM. i have all the music i want in my car. and on the comp i got Azureus and are, enough to get what i want. one of the things i was using for a while though was the Launch player in yahoo IM. its actually pretty cool

Back