rice or no?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I like it. Engine bay is clean, creative and simple. Take off the PS mount bolts if you have not already. The head lights are a bit ricey that all.

its all a matter of personal preference

listening to all these JDM fanboys pisses me off.. just do what you like with your car, who gives a fuck what everyone else thinks. its your car, not theirs.
Yep.

Other than it being a honda, I cant say I care too much for it.

Valve cover
Hood
Headlights

Is your motor mount missing a bolt?

Yeah, my valve cover was fubar when I did my engine build. So I went to parts store to buy engine paint and couldnt decide what color might look ok that I liked so I grabbed the gold, then decided to two tone it, and purple was all I figured would look good at the time. I didnt even consider it was lsu colors till other people started pointing it out. I get compliments on my engine bay everytime I bring the car to local meets though. Especially after I detail my engine bay with wd-40 and everything is all shiny and clean.

Last edited:
Its not bad at all, that hood could very well let off engine heat, maybe not enough to gain anything but whatev, weight reduction all the same. And there is no shame in color of paint, its a reflection of you. And for the lights, my personal fave is the stock headlights with black housings, and amber corners.

Dude like some of the other guys on here have said its all about what you like. So what if someone says its ricey. Put 10psi through it and ask them if they own anything that'll pull 12's in a quarter

Dude like some of the other guys on here have said its all about what you like. So what if someone says its ricey. Put 10psi through it and ask them if they own anything that'll pull 12's in a quarter
lol, thats the real correct answer.

Haha, ive considered boost, although the majority of my playtime with this car is at local auto-x meets and the occasional road course in baton rouge. No need for boost. Besides I think turbo kit would take away from the look of the engine bay.

heres the only other shots i have of my toy as of right now. excuse the wheels, those are just so i can move car around the yard. i don't drive on em and actually haven't even registered/insured the car yet. one of the shots is right after i installed my skunk2 lowering springs with the KYB AGX struts.
Photo0803.jpg

Photo0795.jpg

The hood actually isnt all that bad either after all maybe it was just the first picture that turned me off haha. But i dont think your car is rice at all. Some people just automatically think people that drive hondas is rice

Ok here is my thought bay i like it . Me I dont run aftermarket body parts I do use a factory style carbon fiber hood on my gsr. I do the carbon fiber front lip and thats it for after market.My thought is if it was good enough for honda it's good enough for me. Wheels i have buddy club p1 sf challenge 15x7's the only other aftermarket wheels i've owned for honda's are work emotions and rota slips for the track. The good thing about the honda world is you can do whatever you want sadly is some cases. It's your money and time not mine or anyone else's . Thats just my opinion tho.

o ya one last thinh . Thank god someone else usees the factory air box. Put a drop in filter and it's almost same power as a short ram and none of the problems as a cold air looks great nice bar also.

Lol, thanks man. Yeah I couldnt see spending 100-300 bucks on a piece of pipe and a filter with a sticker on it, when the oem intake does its job well enough, and even looks better imo. And that passwordjdm bar I got for free. When I bought the car it had the stock d15 in it with a blown headgasket. I traded the stock motor for it, and a couple ps2 games. Lol

Back