Rice or not?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

leonc

ok, here is the deal. Me and my roomate (LSVTEC) have been talking about whether people will consider my car rice or not, he says he doesnt think it is. i was wondering what all you guys think. Here is why, im debating on taking my body kit off and putting the stock bumpers back on becuase im sick and tired of being labeled as "civic with body kit = prove you car is fast". i seriously have people try and race me (which i dont participate most of the time) and almost wreck into my car when changing lanes getting around other cars on the road. just wondering what you guys think.
s4046bf5b53036.jpg

s4046bf23b98d5.jpg

No wing... check.

No huge and obnoxious stickers... check.

No NOS license plate border... check.

Proper lowering job... check.

No size-of-a-CD tachometer... check.

Well... cept for the altezza's (which actually seem to go nicely with that color), I'd say you're good.

Nice ride BTW.

my honest opinion is, its rice. I think we tuners have defined rice as: making your car look as though its a performance machine, when its really not. I think by taking off the kit and the altezzas, your car will no longer be targeted by other ricers.

it looks ok, but i bet with those lo-pro tires you could almost fist your wheel gap.

does it look bad? no
would i drive it? no

not my style, but nor really rice either...

I like it man :thumbsup: 'cept for the wheels it is a nice clean car but who cares if it is rice or not. Do you like it??? :shrug2:

not too bad, no wing, no stickers, clean sharp looking rims, nice low profile body kit...

...altezzas... ugh...

I'd say keep the stock taillamps and it'll look perfect.

*My Opinions*
1. Lower It (if its already lowered, lower it more. Its not 4x4)
2. Get a front bumper that is even with the sides and back
3. Get these tail lights.

Then your car would be very nice. It is cool right now, but those would make it a lot better. The lights are the only thing that makes it ricey.

stock, stock is where it's at, fuck the projectors, fuck the euros, fuck the kit, go to the store and tell them you don't know what you were thinking and you want your money back. Seriously though, concentrate on speed and nothing but and then you won't have to worry about this sort of non sense. Keep your mods performance oriented in a realistic sense, don't advertise what you don't sell.

Originally posted by _life_in_a_glass_house_@Mar 4 2004, 02:46 PM
stock, stock is where it's at, fuck the projectors, fuck the euros, fuck the kit, go to the store and tell them you don't know what you were thinking and you want your money back. Seriously though, concentrate on speed and nothing but and then you won't have to worry about this sort of non sense. Keep your mods performance oriented in a realistic sense, don't advertise what you don't sell.

:werd:

its nice jus needs a lil more lowering and i got a civic which im building my ls/vtec boosted for it now and all i have is halo headlights and a buddy club full kit and i dont think it loks rice nor do the kats down here if you dont like my shyt den race me and ill prove how rice i am you kno, i mean you said you got a ls/vtec in it so it must run pretty good so if anyone lables you as rice dats just another excuse to beat em and show em wut up . but i personally dont care what style you are im in it for my self and for the rush of street racing n its power.

Back