Rich & Lean Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integra89vtec

Hello Guys:

I have swap a b16a on my 1989 Integra, I have rewired all my ECU`s pins and everything work fine, but the problem is that I have changed the stock double O2 manifold for a single O2 header wich I put together both O2 wires and connect them to the single O2 but now when I try to put a Rich & Lean gauge it does not function ,what could it be the problem? you might thing getting both wires together will affect something?
below is a diagram that explain what I did? from the oxygen sensor come one wire that I splited into two wires that one goes to the C8 pin and the other goes to the C16 pin on the ECU

O2------------/----C8
\----C16

a, you did it wrong and
b, you did it wrong

:)

your pw0/pr3 ecu calls for 2 o2 signals as the stock header has 2 outputs.

C16 is for oxygen sensor A which is green and oval
C8 is for oxygen sensor B with is round and white

36622887lg.jpg

If you went to a single o2 header, splicing the wires together won't work. The ecu is looking for a reading from cylinders 1/4 and 2/3.

This is the type of header you should have bought:

wMzk2NTk2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

2 o2 bungs for each cly. pair.

my suggestion is to plug up the whole thats there,

drill, tap, and die 2 in the sides of the runners.

I have installed a 4-1 header that have the O2 bung at the end of the header ,so I can put an O2 in the first cilynder and other in the third cilynder?

I dont understand the following

""my suggestion is to plug up the whole thats there,

drill, tap, and die 2 in the sides of the runners.""

He means plug up the o2 hole that is on your header now, i.e. weld the original o2 hole shut. Then take your header to a muffler shop and have them weld two new o2 bungs in the positions shown in the picture above.

Or just get your ecu chipped to run off of one o2 sensor.

I have a 4-1 header so I can not weld the two new O2 bungs in the same positions as the picture above because it will only read from cylinder 1 and cylinder 4 ,that both explode simultaniously and both O2 sensors will read the same, thats why I was thinking on 1st and 3rd, cause when the 1st is up the 3rd is down, anyway I am looking for a new header like the one in the picture above to that job of two bungs and test and see the results,

about chipping the ecu I have heard that it can not be done because the 1st gen b16a(obd0) has to run with two O2 sensors thats why spliced the wires together

chipping the pr3/pw0 will still look for the dual o2's. You'd have to move to an obd1 conversion with a 4-wire on a p28/p30 ecu.

Getting the correct header is the best bet. I wish aftermarket companies weren't so retarded to even make such a thing.... or at least list it as working on the 1st gen b16.

Back