1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride Control...

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Magik, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Magik

Magik Senior Member

Just a quick question...lately I've noticed that my pour little 90 HB si is starting to ride like a buckboard...and I noticed it a little in my old STD too...

So for the question...

What would be the simplest, cheapest, and longest lasting improvement to make my ride more comfortable?

I don't want to go nuts and do the whole lowering, special coils, super duper gas from mars filled shocks...I don't care if I can adjust my shocks because the area of the road I'm driving on has a lot of small animals and I might hit one...I just want...a nice comfortable ride

Suggestions?

Jason

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

maybe just replace your shocks??

3. Magik

Magik Senior Member

Well, yah! :roll:

Heh...but beyond that...are there other things that I can improve...is there a step up from stock shocks that I can take that won't require an outrageous increase in funds...

Jason B)

4. ZC4DOOR

ZC4DOOR Junior Member

5. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

get springs Not coilovers. 1st, coilovers are used for ride adjustment and corner balancing. from your post, i assume you just want a good, solid, comfortable ride. Springs are the way to go. I would recomend Eibach Pro Kit springs. Lowers you car just a little, and they have great ride qualities about them. they will cost less the coil overs and I guarantee that you will appriciate the ride more.

matt

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Huh? Are you sure you know what you're talking about? Full coilover systems allow you to adjust everything- and most of the time, they feel and perform a LOT better than a basic spring/shock combo. Coilover systems are built as a matching set from the factory- a set of lowering springs and some shocks that you pick are NOT.

:thumbsup: on the Pro-Kits though.

7. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I am half and half on this issue, a set of good springs with adjustable shocks is very good for street use, although there are more options with coilovers but I have seen for some street applications it was overkill. Then again have seen them on some other street applications and they were very suitable.

8. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Very true.

BUT

If you're going to spend $600 or so on a set of good springs and shocks, you might as well plunk down the same amount of cash and get a nice set of Tein Basics or even Tein SS. You can find them for pretty cheap (new) if you look around some.

9. UDT

UDT Senior Member

i second the tein but im almost 100% sure thats not what your looking for

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted