Ride Control...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Magik

Just a quick question...lately I've noticed that my pour little 90 HB si is starting to ride like a buckboard...and I noticed it a little in my old STD too...

So for the question...

What would be the simplest, cheapest, and longest lasting improvement to make my ride more comfortable?

I don't want to go nuts and do the whole lowering, special coils, super duper gas from mars filled shocks...I don't care if I can adjust my shocks because the area of the road I'm driving on has a lot of small animals and I might hit one...I just want...a nice comfortable ride

Suggestions?

Jason

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jan 29 2004, 09:45 AM
maybe just replace your shocks??

Well, yah! :roll:

Heh...but beyond that...are there other things that I can improve...is there a step up from stock shocks that I can take that won't require an outrageous increase in funds...

Jason B)

get springs Not coilovers. 1st, coilovers are used for ride adjustment and corner balancing. from your post, i assume you just want a good, solid, comfortable ride. Springs are the way to go. I would recomend Eibach Pro Kit springs. Lowers you car just a little, and they have great ride qualities about them. they will cost less the coil overs and I guarantee that you will appriciate the ride more.

matt

Huh? Are you sure you know what you're talking about? Full coilover systems allow you to adjust everything- and most of the time, they feel and perform a LOT better than a basic spring/shock combo. Coilover systems are built as a matching set from the factory- a set of lowering springs and some shocks that you pick are NOT.

:thumbsup: on the Pro-Kits though.

I am half and half on this issue, a set of good springs with adjustable shocks is very good for street use, although there are more options with coilovers but I have seen for some street applications it was overkill. Then again have seen them on some other street applications and they were very suitable.

Very true.

BUT

If you're going to spend $600 or so on a set of good springs and shocks, you might as well plunk down the same amount of cash and get a nice set of Tein Basics or even Tein SS. You can find them for pretty cheap (new) if you look around some.

Back