Ride of the Month

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
yes, i know.. i did this before, and it never went anywhere....

well, V4 is 20% into development at this point in time. lots of new features, new changes, new code, faster design, 100% cell phone accessibility, 100% XHTML 1.1 w3 stadard compliant, and hell, its even going to be coded so blind people can read it on screen readers.

this means, faster site. better search engine placement, chaching of files, gzip on the files, and overall, a better, more kick-ass hondaswap.com.

more than just you average honda forum... we here actually have a freakin site too :)

and thus, we will be featuring 1 lucky member's ride each month (or so :D ) on our home page with a complete pictorial, and all that.

Want your ride there?

of course you do.

How do you get it there?

you have to have a car that doesn't suck- pics that don't suck, and a well-written mods list.

send me an email, Brian@hondaswap.com with the subject line of "Ride of the Month Submission" along with the following information:

your username
your real name
your email

ride: year, make model, trim, factory color code (or if painted, paint color name) country (that is USA for most of you... but we do have some over-seas members)

mod list formatted something like this, and the mroe complete the better. (USE CAPS WHERE NECESSARY. IF I HAVE TO EDIT IT, I WON'T PICK YOUR CAR:

Engine:
B18C1
JE Pistons
Eagle rods
B16A3 head
lah blah

Suspension/Brakes:
Tein HA's
Brembo blanks
Hawk pads
blah blah

Interior/Stereo:

Exterior/body:

Car Use:
road race? best time at track?
drag? 1/4 @ 2323mph
autox? best place at an event...
pimp l33t daily driver?
things of the sort

Future Plans:
please don't list 23213 things. just pick like a future goal... like:
(run 12's all motor)
(upgrade turbo and fuel system)

if a header and exahust are in your future, don't waste either of our time submiting.

feel free to add a little bio... like how you got the car, why you did what you did, who you got the car from, etc... amke a WELL-WRITTEN "Article" of it. Again, If I HAVE TO EDIT IT, I PROBABLY WON'T PICK YOU. Consider this a Resume' for your ride.

ATTACH in the SAMEemail 10-ish HIGH QUAILTY PICS. the bigger the better for once.... 150x150 jpg low images will be discarded.

zip works, as does, rar, ace, pkzip, and anything else you could possibly use for compression.
AGAIN, if your submission does not come with a zip of your pics, i will simply delete it

If you don't want your license plate to be shown on the net, TAKE PICS WITHOUT IT ON or spend a couple min in photoshop to blur it out. If you simply blob over the image, i won't use it.

images with other domains (like CarDomain.com or urbanracer or hondashowoff) on the pics WILL NOT BE USED. they must be FRESH pics from your camera, etc.

DO NOT link me to an album. Read the directions. Attach your pics.

how big? if your email can send it- mine will download it.

if you need to make 2 emails, LABLE EACH email (Ride of the Month Submission part 1 of 3) for example

if you submitted in the past- re-submit again. its been so long, that so many things have changed on your ride i'm sure.

I'm HOPING for a february 1st launch date... but that may be pushed back.

ALL rides given to me in the proper format will be considered.... if you don't make month #1, don't worry- there's always next month!

start sending 'em in :)

does it have to be driveable, cause i have assloads of pics from my rex before it got stolen, that im currently building back up. and i will be driving it again sometime.

Can we also have a beater of the month? I think thats the only way the rexy can make it.

honda/acura's only.

swap not necessary, but helpful (if you already have an si or gsr, then obviosuly no swap is really needed)

no beaters.

this is a showcase of top-notch cars- and there are quite a few on here that i'd like to see.

max file size- does not matter.

running? who cares... as long as in the pics/etc it WAS running or appears to be complete. :)

:doh: We should have a beater section as a joke, like beater of the month. It would rock.

Do you have to have a mods list, or future plans for it for it to be the ride of the month? Cause I dunno if I wanna mod it.

Originally posted by Jeef@Jan 12 2004, 12:36 AM
:doh: We should have a beater section as a joke, like beater of the month. It would rock.

:werd:

I don't know though... I think my CRX could give Jeff some competition there. :lol:

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 12 2004, 03:40 AM
Do you have to have a mods list, or future plans for it for it to be the ride of the month? Cause I dunno if I wanna mod it.

well, word to the wise, a stock car has a very very very limited chance of ever being featured....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jan 12 2004, 05:43 AM-->
revolution8k
@Jan 12 2004, 03:40 AM

well, word to the wise, a stock car has a very very very limited chance of ever being featured....

Why? it's a nice car. It can be ride of the month for just being a nice car.

I get complimented (almost) daily on this car. I caught a hottie checking it out the other day at a light. :p

yeah, its nice. but um, anyone can go out and buy one.. each and everyone one of us knows what it looks like. whoopdie doo, really. people want to see parts, mods, get ideas, go WOW! and all that.

how long do you think we will have top notch cars on the ROTM? we should start a thread of how many cars will actualy make it on there before it starts just grabing for anything, or is it going to repeat if you run out of cars? because I know there are some really sweet cars on here, but there are more cars that are.......just starting out...

Well, sorry I don't have the money to make people go wow or else I'd have a ferarri 355 spyder ... <_<

I hate people. They suck.

I will be summiting mine in the spring, but for now, I cant get a good backgroud for pics. I already have a decent backdrop in mind, I will just have to take the pics quick so I dont get ran over. lol. I might have a CF hood by then, and for sure will have a pretty header and non ricey exhaust.

Back