1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride Quality - Koni vs KYB, Spring Rates etc...

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by Citizen_Insane, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Has anyone here moved from AGX's to Koni Yellows? I'm thinking of replacing my current setup (AGX's w/ 350f/250r GC Coilovers) with Koni Yellows + 400f/450r GC coilovers. I know the ride will probably be more harsh, but my current setup is a bit bouncy and I don't like it.

Realize that my #1 reason for upgrading is purely performance, I'll be on race rubber next season (Solo2) and I'd like to be a bit more competative. I'm just worried about running high rates on my daily driver. I'll try to snag a ride in my buddy's 500f/550r '90 civic some time for comparison, but wanted some info from the board too. He's running KYB GR2's so he's WAY under-shocked for his spring rates so it'll probalby be pretty bouncy.

Finally, will 400/450 be too much for stock Koni Yellows? Will they bounce? Mostly looking for input from people who've ran comperable setups. Peace.

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

you should be okay. from what i hear on the prelude boards, the konis are good up to about 500-600 without being revalved.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted