Ride Quality - Koni vs KYB, Spring Rates etc...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

Has anyone here moved from AGX's to Koni Yellows? I'm thinking of replacing my current setup (AGX's w/ 350f/250r GC Coilovers) with Koni Yellows + 400f/450r GC coilovers. I know the ride will probably be more harsh, but my current setup is a bit bouncy and I don't like it.

Realize that my #1 reason for upgrading is purely performance, I'll be on race rubber next season (Solo2) and I'd like to be a bit more competative. I'm just worried about running high rates on my daily driver. I'll try to snag a ride in my buddy's 500f/550r '90 civic some time for comparison, but wanted some info from the board too. He's running KYB GR2's so he's WAY under-shocked for his spring rates so it'll probalby be pretty bouncy.

Finally, will 400/450 be too much for stock Koni Yellows? Will they bounce? Mostly looking for input from people who've ran comperable setups. Peace.

you should be okay. from what i hear on the prelude boards, the konis are good up to about 500-600 without being revalved.

Back