1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride too bouncy

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by thirdwallace, Jul 1, 2003.

1. thirdwallace

thirdwallace Junior Member

I just bought a 94 acura integra, the guy I bought it from didnt know what type of coilover or anything that was used to lower the car. I want to raise the car like 3/4 to 1 inch higher to try and elimante some of the clearence issues ive had. But my question was what can I do to make the teg not bounce so damn much when I hit small bumps because It is really bad and starting to get on my nerves. Thanks

George

2. omega11855

omega11855 Senior Member

get new shocks

3. 90 accord

90 accord Chicks dig the box Moderator VIP

get a new car. do it yourself.

4. thirdwallace

Im sorry that I dont have the time or the money or the luxury of buying a new car just so I can build it up. Not everyone has the ability. So in the future you can go F*#@ yourself. Thanks for the Info Omega!

5. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Keep that up, and get yourself banned. He was merely offering two different suggestions on what you could do. He wasn't being a dick about it. So :newbie: and next time, try NOT mouthing off in your first few posts.

6. 90 accord

90 accord Chicks dig the box Moderator VIP

i didn't mean a 03 car :axe:

i meant a car with no mods done to it yet. you'll get alot greater satisfaction with it if you do everything on your own. :fr:

7. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

coilovers are bouncy. especially if they are not good ones (non-progressive rate springs). this is due to the shorter springs that come with coilovers, as compared to regular non-adjustable springs. sooooo....to get rid of the bounceyness, you've got to get rid of the coilovers.

8. crxfreak

crxfreak Member

hey kid....just get new springs and get rid of the coil overs...go on ebay and buy some h&r,Eibach,or nuespeed springs...good handling not bouncy and if u get sport springs u wont be as low at all..even with the race springs u wont be as low coil overs u can slam the crap outta ur car...the springs i mentioned are only 120-160 bucks for all 4...go for it u'll see....

9. thirdwallace

Thanks for the advice.... I didnt mean to sound like an ass... sorry

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted