Riding Jacket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
Any suggestions for a good leather company? I've looked at Wilsons, and I found this:

pG01-7329339v250.jpg

but it's pretty expensive for being just a leather jacket. Seems like they've got a monopoly on this though, any suggestions?

Unless you're dead set on buying new, I would figure out what your general size is and then check out various motorcycling forums and see if you can pick one up off of there.

I spent weeks browsing Svrider.com's for sale forum. They usually have a pretty good assortment of gear for sale. I picked up a full leather suit for $75 shipped. It's not the most stylish thing, but it passes tech and does it's job.

You may be able to find what you want for cheaper eventually.

Just a suggestion.

I'm mostly looking for a cycle style leather jacket that I can wear as a coat, then conveniently have on when I want to ride lol.

Id never wear a riding jacket for casual wear. I'd also never wear a casual wear jacket like anything from Wilson's leather for riding.

image_33038.jpg

That's more like it.

A riding jacket will have ACTUAL built in protection. Don't try and cut corners by buying an "all purpose" leather jacket.

Plus if you wreck the nice Wilsons jacket, you won't have one for casual/daily wear and you also won't have a bike jacket anymore.

Lol@ people who complain about how expensive riding gear is.

Well, the alternative is to not have skin if you ever *need* the jacket. Medical bills are the "pay later" part of that equation.

Buy a good jacket, put the upgraded armor in it, always wear it, and forget about it.

At a minimum:
Shoulder
Elbow
Back

Nice:
Chest plates
Kidney protectors

I paid $250 for a jacket a couple years ago, but somehow found it on clearance, it was a $500 jacket. I added another $100 in armor to it, and now it's awesome.

Back