right hand drive

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

anyone know how to install a right hand drive front clip on an eg civic? just want to know b4 i go ahead and buy one

yep. but it's not worth it and its a pain in the fucking ass. i have a rhd nissan and i would rather have it be LHD.

me and a nissan mechanic. i suppose if you REALLY want to do it for a honda, it isn't that hard. order a full clip, change out the whole subframe, and start punching holes like doing an auto to manual conversion. wiring is a pain in the ass though.

its spot welded on drill it out and re weled

It involves removing everything from your cars firewall, and doing the same for the donor clip. Then you drill out the spot welds and remove the sealant from both. They say that then you should be able to remove your firewall. Swap out and do the reverse. Reassemble th RHD dash and engine bay components and BAM....RHD! Unless your experienced in bodywork, then I would leave it to the professionals. There's a shop in Seattle that does this for about 10k, which includes the bodywork and motorswap to any compatable car i.e. Civic, Integra, 240SX, etc. They also told me when I asked about it, that they could just get me a real EG6 straight off the boat for the same price. Just depends on wether it's worth it to you. My explanation is not detailed either. IMO just get a RHD car if thats what you really want.

It involves removing everything from your cars firewall, and doing the same for the donor clip. Then you drill out the spot welds and remove the sealant from both. They say that then you should be able to remove your firewall. Swap out and do the reverse. Reassemble th RHD dash and engine bay components and BAM....RHD! Unless your experienced in bodywork, then I would leave it to the professionals. There's a shop in Seattle that does this for about 10k, which includes the bodywork and motorswap to any compatable car i.e. Civic, Integra, 240SX, etc. They also told me when I asked about it, that they could just get me a real EG6 straight off the boat for the same price. Just depends on wether it's worth it to you. My explanation is not detailed either. IMO just get a RHD car if thats what you really want.
$10k. thats fucking nuts. you could get it done for $4000 including swap in olympia. granted, i hate the guy who does it, but if you REALLY wanted it done, you could go there. no firewall swapping either.

Back