Right place to post this nitrous question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicracer

Oh, I do a little here and there.
I've almost saved enough money to by a nitrous kit but I got a question or 2.

About how much could the stock D15B Vtec engine take? The wet kit I'm buying is adjustable from 35-50-75-100 WHP and I want to use the 75 shot.

Should I get a compression/leak test before going nitrous?

Also, I hear torque is increased a lot more than hp with nitrous set-ups, so about how much of an increase in torque could I expect?

i would start with a 50 shot, and just like a turbo its all in the tune. and yeah your torque will go up a good bit but its perty much impossible to say how much , but you will notice thats for sure. as far as the compression test, sure it cant hurt if its bad just spray it anyhow then rebuild it lol

yeah im thinking thats right but im not 100% on that

i would start with a 50 shot, and just like a turbo its all in the tune. and yeah your torque will go up a good bit but its perty much impossible to say how much , but you will notice thats for sure. as far as the compression test, sure it cant hurt if its bad just spray it anyhow then rebuild it lol

:werd: Are you going with a ZEX kit? Also things I recommend you should do: buy colder plugs (detonation prevention), plan on 2 degrees of retarding the timing for every increase after 50 shot, prob should buy some new wires, purge kit, and make sure you run premium fuel when spraying. I would also recommend getting one of these: eBay Motors: ZEX NITROUS TRACTION CONTROL WINDOW SWITCH NX #82085 (item 200265176204 end time Nov-17-08 15:51:12 PST)

Good luck with everything! Post it up after the install.

you should find out what your pistons, rods, valves and head are rated to take as far as compression and stress cause as soon as you spray your compression will sky rocket.... if your piston or valves cant take more than the stock compression you'll melt your pistons or burn your valves...... if your pistons and valves can take it and your rods can handle the stress then i would go with a fifty shot cause your pistons are stock they arent high compression pistion and they can only take so much

on a stock d series you dont need to go over 7500 rpm or 200 hp witch ever comes first.

Back