Rim brand/model?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i bought my swapped LS with these rims on it, anyone have any idea what they might be? they're 17" rims, pretty heavy. the reason i would like to know is i want to find out exactly how heavy the rims are so i can see if a light set of 16's would be worth the money performance wise.

type R + 4 lug.... lol

anyway, they look like tenzo's or rotas.... certainly 'cheaper' wheels for sure.

well they did make 4 lug type r but only one year, and only jdm if my memory is correct. but my guess on the rims would be velox.

There was a 97 Usdm itr w/ the 4x114.. thats a stick on emblem anyways

Also worth noting that those hubs are 4x100 (the 4x114 holes are further away from the center, obviously...additionally, who would put universal wheels on a Type R???), making that a 'not type R'...and if you're the kinda guy to drive around in a non-R badged as an R, then you aren't going to see OR have use for any performance gains that you'd achieve by changing to a smaller, lighter wheel.

If you like the way those wheels look, keep them. That should be your primary concern.

Last edited:
If you get some light weight 16s, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I have had several integras and many many different wheels. 16" looks the best, and there is an improvement in ride quality when you go to a 205/45/16 tire. When switching from a heavy 17 to a lightweight 15 there is noticeable improvement in acceleration.

did everyone skip reading the 'swapped LS' in the first post? lol. yeah the kid i bought it off of had type R and spoon stickers on it... it does have a 96 spec b18c and obviously the spoiler, but none of the other goodies the R has.

my favorite part is the acura, honda, and type R stickers all on the back lol. yeah, i make fun of myself.... idk why i haven't removed them yet.

Back