rim repair

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boostedf22

dis is why im not
Soooooo Yeah I hit a god forsaken curb. Blew the tire, bent the rim. I have heard of rim repair before, but dont think its possible in this case. I got a new tire today and merchants mounted it Extra 150 bux I didnt plan on spending this weekend. The tire sealed but didnt balance out. Even though its on the front, riding down the road there is no vibration at all.

Is it even worth the money to repair the aluminum , re-paint and chrome or just buy another rim ? I think the rim is another 150 bux?

Attachments

• P1000710.jpg
    P1000710.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 195
  • P1000711.jpg
    P1000711.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 200
  • P1000712.jpg
    P1000712.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 196
  • P1000713.jpg
    P1000713.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 206
  • P1000714.jpg
    P1000714.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 188
yeah thats what I was thinking. But after reading the write up eg6sir made on the new wheels he got. And my paint is going on mine anyway, I was going to repaint them and polish the lip. Wasnt sure on polishing somethhing that was chrome. Prob have to be re-plated.

Bad part of replacing it is having one brand new clean rim and the other 3 w/ 2 years of wear and tear. none of the other 3 rims have and curb marks, this would be the first time I ever hit a curb.

I thought they were Chrome and not polished. I could be wrong.

There 16" ROX TUNING ONYX BLACK/MACHINE LIP WHEELS

I cant find any info on them to be chrome or polished. And after the weekend I had I dont feel like moving to go look.

Wonder what it cost to get it repaired ? Anyone ever had them repaired before? You wuld assume they would polish the lip after fixin it . If it can be fixed. I will check around town tomorrow to see who even is capable of doing it. Like E said, prob be best to get another one. Less headache .

Last time I dealt with something like that around here it was almost as much as the wheel just to get the old one fixed.. like $100+ if I remember correctly. Wouldn't hurt to check around and see what you can find though everything here in CA seems to cost more money!

After talking to my friend that owns his HP shop, he can get me the rim for 85 bux + 10 for shipping. I am just going to do that. I will be able to leave the other rim at the wheel wizard for a week or two to get fixed. Use that one for a spare and throw another tire on it and not have to get towed over a flat again...

On another note to eg6sir-
I want to change the color of the wheel from black to bronze. What do you think? Is it worth the time and effort? Heres a pic of the rim

s.gif

Damn I forgot I posted pics in the first place..... Oh well , I fell off the wagon yesterday ...

some aircraft stripper will take the black right off.. .. you'd just have to tape off the lip and spray primer then color

Back