rim size

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

8ballsin

i am looking at putting on 17's what is the max size i can go before i start rubbing and affecting my turning

it all depends on the profile of the tire...my boy had 17's with a pretty low profile and he cleared the fender lining.he then put on 18's with the same tire profile and rubbed really bad...you can def. feel the power differance between bigger wheels and stock...

well if your running a stock ride height go with the 16's but if your dropped at all the 15's is the biggest you can go with out any probs

15's with 'normal' tires

16s with low pro's

for 96+

smaller rims for earlier cars

heres another thing to consider.. tires for the 16's are going to be more expensive.. not by too much though..

15's FTW!

I tried my 15X7 with 205/50/15 and the rub on the back fender when you take bumps. It might be that the rims are 35 off-set, but don't know the car will take a 40 in there. I just tried this size because I already had this tires and rims for another car. I wouldn't think anything bigger than 195 will fit on a lowered CRX with the stock fenders.
just my personal experience...

its because of the offset^^^ .. i had +33 on my EG and not that wide of tire and it was pretty close the the fender

i have a ef at first i had 16's on and the fider cept on hiting the tire but i ignord it then one day my tired poped (my car was also droped) so i leared the hard way if ur car is low put 14 to 15 inch rims if its at stock higth go with what ever u want

-team ruthless/club 5252

Back