rings bad, to rebuild head?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LS_VTEC, if gas cannot bypass the rings, then what would cause the oil to smell like gas. Ive witnessed this once, and my first thought was bad rings, but a compression and a leak down test said the rings were still in good shape. Just curious as to what could cause this.

Ya so you actually could have a leaky injector but I still dont see how that would make the exhaust greyish smoke or am I off the wrong subject here.

not sure, i'm still using my old injectors and everything. jusat changed out the motor. same old parts and sensors/injectors/manifolds etc, but no problems.

Wow very good Knowledge but I would also do new valve seals just to be sure cause they might have been leaking also which would give him oil entering the combustion chamber through the intake valves, than mixed with fuel and air which will give you Grey smoke.

Wait lets think back in 3rd grade here. Black + White/Bluish equals what??? Mostly like grey
Black = Rich mixture taking place in the combustion process (Too Much Fuel)
White/Bluish = Process of burning oil taking place in the combustion process (Bad Rings, Bad Valve Seals, Blown Head Gasket)

I'm not saying all these things are bad on his motor but these are all possibilities but its more likely to be bad rings. Alright Blanco you get an A for the day, you may go home now. lol just messing with ya man.

Did you do a cylinder leakage test cause that would indicate bad rings and other things too cause a compression tester might not show that but than again it might.

Last edited:
Back