RIPPED!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sihatchback_RL

i bought a 99 B16 tranny from a guy in missouri and got ripped. He said it was in great condition and no grinds. When it got here in cali, the hole where the axles go in is messed up. the left side has no teeth and fat gear is showing up in the hole. the axles dont even turn, you can hear the gears knockin in the tranny when you move it.. What should i do guys? i paid through paypal, 500 bucks for a peice of shit.

yeah paypal and ebay combo will probably get your money back but dont wait fill out a claim now you only get so many days

I just got ripped of for some cams on Ebay and I requested Square Trade try to resolve the problem well.............they are not doing shit, not trying to ruin your hopes or anything but it does not seem like ebay cares if you get FUCKED.
All they will do is try to contact the seller if the seller does not respond no action is taken and you are SOL.

Same thing happened to me when I ordered a B16 J1 +clutch +pp +Cm flywheel. Neither Ebay nor Paypal did a thing for me. After deciding to stop fooling around I contacted my credit card company (i used paypal through my visa check card) they immeadiatly refunded my account (though the funds were suspended til the end of the investigation). Be sure you visit a reputable transmission shop in your area and see if you can get a signed statement about the condition of the transmission, as that will help a ton in the investigation. Of course that all hinges on you using a credit card to pay for your the transmission.

A day is coming gentleman when you dont have to resort to ebay to get quality parts..

more on that in a week.

heres what you do, pm me their address i'll go hunt them down, kill their family and send you the money i steal from them... sound good?

taking a life for a tranny ehhh? Why dont you do it one step further and go to the sellers house and steal his tranny :D

I've been fucked a lot more selling than buying. I stick to people that have some good feedback and actually read their history before I spend any large amount of cash. I buy most large items through ebay, and spent thousands on stuff. Engine, tranny, wheels, tires, interior pieces, power window shit, etc. I still haven't been screwed. If you buy from someone with a rating of 1, then prepare to get reamed.

Originally posted by tab@Aug 17 2004, 08:34 PM
I've been fucked a lot more selling than buying. I stick to people that have some good feedback and actually read their history before I spend any large amount of cash. I buy most large items through ebay, and spent thousands on stuff. Engine, tranny, wheels, tires, interior pieces, power window shit, etc. I still haven't been screwed. If you buy from someone with a rating of 1, then prepare to get reamed.
[post=378271]Quoted post[/post]​

Sometimes feedback doesnt make a lot of difference. At least in my situation the guy had like 30 feedbacks (with 10 of them from selling) and a 100% rating. Of course im not sure that he intended to try and screw me with the deal (the transmission was from a "friend"), but sometimes shit happens.

i got fuck over on ebay for 8 dollars and then again for 45 and nothing was ever done by ebay, pay pal or trade square

Back