Ripping on Body Kits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drbelanger73

Beer is good for you.
I was unaware so many people had a dim veiw of body kits. Okay if a car is done up like a drag queen and has only a half dozen lethargic hamsters under the hood that is one thing. If done with some taste I think they can be a nice addition.

I was looking at this Wings West (glad to read they make good stuff) kit for my 94 GS-R:

eBay Motors: Integra 2DR 94 95 96 97 Wings West RS FULL Body Kit (item 250042207333 end time Jan-16-08 15:31:16 PST)

As for paint I was thinking black from just behind the hatch glass tapering down the the front to include the hood terminating just above the lights with the remainder being red. Black rims, probably only 15's. I'm not sure how far I was going to lower it. The hood i have is trashed so maybe I'll slap the CF/OEM Seibon hood on there for kicks. As for the low profile Type-R wing I may or may not add it on. No rice wings I promise.

I don't see the point of making it look like a JDM version. It isn't JDM and no matter how much I make it look like it is, it will still be a GS-R. To me if anything that sort of thing is silly.

Still one mans beast is anothers beauty so what the heck...

It's whatever man go with what you want it's your ride fuck anyone else's view :).

After I turbocharge I'm getting an R33 kit (the r34's too ricey for me) to show off the intercooler and it looks cool :D. That or my own matched body kit with R33 front and different sides/rear. I think it looks badass on a four door.

I actually really like the first kit they show on the page, the RS style I guess it is. Not crazy about the big mouth one below it though. I think it looks really tacky.

And as far as JDM goes, it's just another route you can go. Some people just prefer the look of the Japanese parts. I don't think it's necessarily dumb to do it just because you have a US version of the car. Why modify your Honda at all? You can make it as fast as you want but in the end it's still an economy car. Some people would call that silly.

evo kit. does that make me JDM? :)

l_3c449cf90879bcc8ce643d51536266a0.jpg

I was unaware so many people had a dim veiw of body kits. Okay if a car is done up like a drag queen and has only a half dozen lethargic hamsters under the hood that is one thing. If done with some taste I think they can be a nice addition.

:yes:

If you like the look, then get it. If you put a body kit on and think your car's fast because of the body kit, then people will rip on you. If you put the body kit on and think it the aesthetics are good but DON'T have any illusions that it makes you faster, then people will respect that and leave you alone.

mine will be much faster when i put the intercooler in there...

i was more worried about getting the fitment correct BEFORE painting it, so after i made my custom brackets i wanted to make sure it would hold alright.

i'll be atleast 200whp 1.5 sohc built turbo baby.

Yea I really don't like seeing those body kits when they've got a huge gap.

And 200 whp 1.5 sohc sounds awesome.

Mind you i know even less about body work than i do about engines. Last time i did body work was on a '77 Monte Carlo when i was half my current age. I am a sculptor though, granted on a 28mm scale. On top of it all im a stubbord SOB so ill just keep trying til i figure it out.

One impression i am under though is that the wings west kit will replace the front and rear bumper covers. I definately don't wanna sand some add on to the existing crap. Its bad enough i have to grind spraypaint off the whole car. I may even buy a CF hood just cause i'm lazy...

I will wait til i get the engine done though. I'll be damned if i create a work of art and then screw up the engine when i take it apart. Funny how working on navy gear doesn't bother me. Mostly cause Uncle Sam foots the bill....

And damn you folks for crushing my n00b ambitions, i thought body kits added 50% whp!!! :D

In automotive culture, JDM refers to a style of modifying, or tuning, automobiles, often agreed upon as inspired by motorsports, mainly cars of Japanese origin. Functionality of components is often preferred over cosmetics for greater performance. However, cosmetics may also be preferred, usually referred to as "clean."(to have the original lines of the car) "True" Japanese domestic market components.

In automotive culture, JDM refers to a style of modifying, or tuning, automobiles, often agreed upon as inspired by motorsports, mainly cars of Japanese origin. Functionality of components is often preferred over cosmetics for greater performance. However, cosmetics may also be preferred, usually referred to as "clean."(to have the original lines of the car) "True" Japanese domestic market components.
^WOOT stock appearance FTMFW

As far as clean lines, I can totally see that as far as my scion xB goes. I was tinkering with that a bit before i got the Integra to tear apart. I would most definately leave the original body on the scion just to see the stunned look on their faces when it suddenly gets up and goes...

Good to know about the JDM concept.

I felt the same kind of idea in leaving the original bug eyes on the Integra. Seemed wrong to take them off somehow. However, despite my earlier comments, i did kinda like the Type - R sticker ... :p

body kit bull sh!t

I,m new to this forum, but I have some views on this subject that may help. Who cares what you make your car look like, inside and out. Thats the great thing about custom cars, they're custom, to fit you and your personality and lifestyle, some people like the sleeper look, some like the over the top amini look, some like drag cars, and some like a big wheel look, it's up to you , it should reflect your personality. If you are a carless type, you may just slap on any old body kit damn the gaps, all it does is say something about you. My 97 civic is red with 17 inch white 7 spoke wheel. It has hella 500 off road lights that give it a rally car look. I have a roof rack that holds bikes, kayaks, and snowboards. It tells people what I'm into. I have 210 k on it and drive like a gradma, who cares. I also pimp my twin 3 year old kids carseats. Sure I would like to have some fancy stuff on it, but right now my kids are more imporant than my car. That may seem strange to say on a site dedacated to honda tuning, but my honda fits my lifestyle for me right now, in the future it will change as my needs change, but as a long term owner of a honda, yes I bought it new in 96 I have a long term view. So do what you like to your honda, just take care of it and it will take care of you, much love.

fat jay

^^^Wow, very ummmm_oh forget it. People are always going to like or dislike what people have done to their car. Thats what makes this world unique, like its been said many times before on this site["TO EACH HIS OWN"]

But as for your kids being more important than your car...MUCH PROPS you always have to put the fam-bam first.

But I sure hope your kid is more important to you than just your car...lol

Do you just copy and paste definitions you've seen from other websites? That's what it sounds like. Same way with the stuff you said about the Spoon engines.

on this yea that's the orginal definition of jdm .. sow he can awensor is cuestion.... the spoon ,, its and explination of how it works,,from a spoon sport tec, and that i watch the tutorial. thats why i know

Back