ristor box

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

elpayaso201

ok does any one know were the ristor box is on a 92 civic hb. i did a b18a1 swap on it and i think the ristor box is missing my car up since i am using the stock injector out of the tegg. is there any way to bi pass the ristor box??

There is no resistor box in a 1992. It is obd1 and only obd 0 vehicles had them.

Take your stock injectors from the civic and put them in if you think that is the problem.

Yea, there definitely isn't a resistor box on a 92+ Civic. But like dtob said, just use the injectors from the D.

yeah i changed my motor to an obd1. first of i used to have the civic injetors on it and ran like it needed more gas to the motor. so i took those ijectors of and replaced them with the one off the integra and it ran grate for two months then died. i have spark to all cilinders but no go on number 2.

Something doesn't sound right. You ran the obd0 injectors in your car for a couple months without a resistor box and your stock injectors wouldn't run it? Weird... They are the same flow rate. What ecu are you running?

yeah i know that. i am using a Pr4 ecu with a spoon chip in it. my motor would not run good with the civic injectors. so i cut the wires and replaced it with the ones of the integra. then my car ran great. smoked a few people here and ther now it wont run ahhh.

So you converted your car to obd0 and run the obd0 injectors with no resistor box or did you install one?

no i converted my engain to an obd1 changed the diz and the alternator the only thing i kept was the injectors that were obdo without a resistor box.

How did you get the car to run with a PR4 (obd0) ecu with the engine obd1 and no resistor box??

I'd get an obd1 integra ls ecu and use the stock civic injectors. It should run ok with that setup.

What it sounds like is he converted to OBD1 and used the stock Civic injectors. Then he replaced them with the Integra OBD0 Injectors and didn't use a resistor box. Which would put +12v to the injectors and probably fried them.

Yup. That's what I got out of it. Like I said, I'd change it back to the stock civic injectors and run an obd1 ls ecu.

Yea OBD0 injectors can't take 12v so they are trash now. Just replace the injectors with OBD1 injectors and don't worry about the resistor box.

You should get your ECU tuned. With different (bigger/smaller) Injectors the same voltage is going to give you different flow rates. Hence more/less gas in the cylinders.

Stock honda civic/integra obd1 injectors with a stock obd1 Pr4 integra ecu should be fine without a tune. The civics and integras all used 240cc injectors. But ya if you have bigger/smaller injectors you would need a tune.

Back