1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road noise..

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by phyregod, Sep 13, 2005.

1. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Well, the enterior of my "new" 92 civic is COMPLETELY covered in dynamat extreme... floors, door panels, quarter panels, etc, etc...

I was kinda bummed when I saw that when looking over the car to buy it. But hey, it is only good, other than the weight..

It rides SO MUCH quieter than my crx did. But there is still road noise. You know what I'm talking about, you go down the highway/freeway/whatever and have the hum of the tires on the pavement. I was thinking, what if you "Dynamated" the shock towers? I mean, thats the only place on the car where there is a hard connection between the suspension and the car.

What if you cut a piece of dynamat, and unbolted the suspension, covered the shock tower, cut bolt holes, and re-installed the nuts/bolts with washers (so you compress the dynamat, and don't screw it up) Would that cut road noise?? It makes sence in my mind..

2. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

Good concept but i think it would make more noise than ever that way. Only because the shocks would not have a solid place to mount even though they are bolted down hard. I think it would knock hard on the body once it wears out the rigidity of the dynamat. Maybe on the shock towers on the inside of the car? Or is it covered already?

3. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Road noise? Loud music. That should fix it. B)

4. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

the fire walls and the doors skind done?

5. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

The entire car's interior is done... doors, everything... I'm probably sitting on a million dollars worth of dynamat.

If nothing else, dynamating around the bolts should help out alot... I'm going to have to get a DB meter and try this out.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted