Road Trip!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondasHateMe

I'm getting ready to drive to Houston, TX from Dayton, OH in a few hours to pick up a b16a2 dropout with my buddy for his 98 hatch. Lots of driving...got a good deal tho...and good excuse to miss work for a couple days. :D

im with them^^^^^

have fun
stay safe

Dont come through eastern oklahoma.. we have completely unmarked patrol cars roaming the highways (i-40, 410, 62) and roaming locally. They drive with traffic, looking to pull you over. I mean, no light bars, no cop suits, NOTHING! btw, its the same shit Wichita, KS is doing.... fook em all, till you need them, then they are cool :D

Speaking of unmarked cops, philly has some weird shit... I saw an unmarked tauras as a highway patrol car... okay thats not to weird... but then I saw a a pontiac grand am as an unmarked car in north philly... craziness. L.C. takes the cake though... Dodge Omni... :D but it wasn't lighted, it was for the Drug Enforcement Unit, so they could drive up on you, get out... and bust yo ass. :eek:

that omni was most likely the turbo model... those things can be made rediculously fast
im not joking .... ive seen several running in the 11s... and they look just like the little POS $50 crackhead cars

The cops down in the Southeast drive lots of unmarked camaros, and some with the northeast...they have camaros, mustangs, cars like that...to make sure that you don't get away.

:woo:

Just got back w/ the A2...very clean, low miles. Cops weren't NEARLY as bad as I thought they'd be. I borrowed my neighbor's radar detector and things went okay. I didn't go thru Oklahoma...we went thru Tennessee and Arkansas. Texas is a shithole for sure tho...and I thought Ohio was bad.

Good times tho...I'll post some pics when I get some time later...

should have been there on a truely hot day.. its like someone is standing next to you with a giant hairdryer on you. Then we'll see how much you truely dislike Ohio, you'll think its paradise. :D

Drove right thru Memphis to Nashville....shoulda stopped by except it was like 4:30am or somewhere around there.

Anyways...

s3f117a8c50973.jpg

There's the new addition...soon to be joined up w/ a b20 block if all goes well. Trying to put together a build similar to mike's b20vtec. Same parts, same compression hopefully...dont' know whats going in the head yet. I'm pushing for JunIII's. Not my car or motor tho, so we'll see what happens. ;)

very nice :thumbsup:
and just a heads up ... dont use the JUN valve springs and shit ... they suck balls and dont hold up to their own cams.... most people with JUN cams end up running Toda springs (there are others that work well too ... just not JUN..... i dont get it :bash: )

Yup. All it needs is axles and an ECU.

Not sure what's going on w/ the valvetrain, he'll probably just run the stock shortblock until we can find a junked b20 local and start from there.

Anybody got any info on running a block girdle on a b20 block. I thought I saw somewhere that they've been known to make a motor run warm. Would a GSR fit on a b20 block? The plan is to rev this thing ~8.5k...

Back