roadtrippin.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey from liberty, missouri (paid $1.45 for gas here!) :D

thanks everyone, i need all the luck i can get :D had to replace the jeep radiator thanksgiving day, and the new cap i bought leaks, sigh. might switch back to the old one. but at least the ATF lines aren't leaking (yet..?).

so here's the setup:

Where are you going exactly?

:shrug2: i know i have some places to get to, but mainly i want to go spend time with my grandparents in new mexico. not ruling arizona or tx out for some contract work though; gotta fund the extended roadtrip.

:thumbsup:

Why are you packing the CRX at all ? It's better to pack light.

if you intend to return to where you left....and i'm not going to live in minnesota anymore. ;)

Hahahaa this reminds me of when I see that flock of geese flying south for the winter. lol :ph34r: Kinda similar imo. Good luck dacheat!

:werd:

make sure your phone is charged in case you get attacked by monsters or cannibals or something ..

:lmao: i've got the sig and the walther, and when the ammo runs out, a huge maglite for bludgeoning.

who the hell is worried about monsters and cannibals when there are zombies?

:lmao::lmao: you guys rule.

i have a zombie head hanging from my rear view mirror. and it goes "burrrrrrrrrrrrrr burrrrrrrrrrrrrr" or something like that.

:squint:

hrm. that's quite the trophy!!

ok, well - so far so good. i'll be back (hopefully).

ps: i forgot to tell you guys -- i'm not just roadtripping, but i'm doing it with two cats, a dog, and a cussing parrot! my roadtrip officially wins RTOTY. right?? :ph34r:

Last edited:
good luck....

but for RTOTY...I got that one.

2 months free food, drink, hotel,etc... Feb and Mar in West Palm Beach... :p

Then the one week road trip with the wife in NM and CO. :)

Parrots are cool to see in cages at the pet shop.

They are annoying as holy fuck as a pet.

But hey, more power to you. You need to don an eye patch, perch the parrot on your shoulder, and fly a jolly roger.

No Florida stops then? Boo! I hope the zombies don't accidentally eat the brains out of your REX now. 'Cause you know, Florida is zombie proof. :D

ive always wanted to drive cross country

be sure to keep an eye on your fluid levels and tire pressures at fuel stops

try not to lose your mind being in a car with all those aminals

looks like youre about half way

best of luck

Keep on keepin on! Glad to hear its going well so far.

yeh but you didn't have a cussing parrot. :D
believe me, i have a cussing parrot and he annoys the monkey shit outta me.

when i come thru the door he's all nice. but when i sit down to eat he starts with the annoying.

so dacheat what all does your parrot say?
i'll list the things (as far as cussing) that mine says:

"Fuck you", "Shut up mother fucker", "kiss my ass". "suck my dick", "your a dickhead". "shithead". "bitch".

theres more too, but im about to go on xbox live, so yahhh...

oh and he also knows how to talk shit in spanish, so.. that would be a bilingual cussing parrot. :ph34r:

mine is better.

Enjoy your trip and be careful of course. I've been away from home for about 3 months now myself, but I don't have a cussing parrot =(. Hope you're happier wherever you end up.

hasta la vista, amarillo texas! it's true, motel 6 really does leave a light on for you. :D

oh - yeah so, when i was driving on the kansas turnpike, i played pass tag with "The Dreaming" tour van - that's these guys, for whoever doesn't know (i didn't, til i googled):

tourposter.jpg

The-Dreaming.jpg

and i gotta say, pretty cool little tour setup they have. black conversion van with limo tint, and their logo in blood red on the side, pulling a jet black equip. trailer. modest, but cool. and rips right along at 80mph, apparently.

Last edited:
I wish I would have seen the rig roll through Ohio, I may have asked you for an autograph, a Cherokee pulling a CRX = pure awesome.

:blush: yeah, i'm digging it. cherokee didn't much like uphill in strong headwinds, towing my rex, but it didn't give up, as i had my foot in its ass the whole way. :D

i'm in NM now, going to go visit grandparents tomorrow. woot! i have to sit in the arrrrrrrrrrghby's parking lot for free wifi though, suck. wishing i had a cellular card for my whatmajiggy. or something. bleh, i can manage for a day or two of this.

so far, roadtrip = huge success; well under previously estimated fuel budget (I had estimated using $2.25/gal, have paid less than $1.60 most of the way with the exception of getting assreamed in Vaughn, NM for $2.18).

also, i'm loving motel 6. they don't care that i have an animal posse with me. and my pets seem to be digging this adventure so far.

ok, time to get my mexican grubfest on. NOM!

damn you got there pretty quick it seems... then again it has been a few days since i have logged in

damn you got there pretty quick it seems... then again it has been a few days since i have logged in

yeeeeeah i made like a bread truck and hauled buns! :D

i have to wait til tomorrow night in tucson for a better internet connection; i made some roadtrip videos to upload. i'll give you guys one hint: these videos are fullllllllllllllllll of curves. ^_^

ps today was f#cking gorgeous. and my grandma rocks the pinto beans and cornbread.

Back