roadtrippin.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

But, the z6 is also 10 years older, and parts are 10 years harder to find.

vtec motors and parts availability usually don't belong in the same sentence
if you want something for a z6 you can find it easily, and usually cheaper
and the OBD1 motors generally have more support than obd2

I just don't think its worth the hassle for the 15 hp
i wasn't too impressed with my z6 hatch, just a grocery getter
now once you slap a turbo on it, now you're talking

I've got a rebuilt y7 in my fodo and it's pretty peppy. In all honesty, let me know when you're looking to replace the motor, I just might sell you mine. I've been itchin to do a swap so bad. I really need to hurry up and get moved into my new place so I can buy a project. My poor DD might get harassed if I don't =(.

go z6...you can tune it way more easily,its direct bolt in(just run a few wires).
and the options are endless for parts to put on it..and they have some ok power..
i went from having an LS with basic boltons in a crx to having a z6 with basic boltons in a 93 coupe(a little heavier) and it was not that bad of a downgrade..
your going from having a 102hp??? crx to a 130hp? vtec crx..you will be happy with it

i would do a zc personally. 2nd choice would be a b18a. both fairly cheap (a few more than a z6 at best), easier wiring, better torque, dual cam.

i went from having an LS with basic boltons in a crx to having a z6 with basic boltons in a 93 coupe(a little heavier) and it was not that bad of a downgrade..
your going from having a 102hp??? crx to a 130hp? vtec crx..you will be happy with it
its 108 to 125
we have an engine reference list you lazy mofo
sohc vtec shouldn't even count as vtec, its good for saving fuel

I love my ZC. I have been extremely pleased with it. And a damn easy swap, despite the fact I switched over to a 5 speed while I was at it.

Back