Rod length

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newb

phresh
VIP
Ive searched, and I havent been able to find a chart or something of that sort, so now im askin ppl who have the knowledge on hand. This question is assuming the block still has its factory supplied crank, not an after market or crank from another block. What is the maximum rod length for a B18 A, B, and C? The reason I ask is because im tryin to get R/S ratio in the right area. So, if there is a variation of factory blocks and cranks with an aftermaket rod set that will get me near a 1.75 R/S ratio (i.e. B18A block and B18C crank with a certian lenght rod) please let me know. If there is write up on this somewhere a link would be great. Thanks for readin.

Lol, i shoud have guess that was comin. :shiny: I got a diff combo i wanna try tho, same R/S ratio, more displacement. I can use 142mm rods and a 81.4mm crank and it gives me the same 1.74:1 that a B16 has. Now my problem is I dont know what block thatll fit in. I dont know the deck heights, and i cant find a listing. Do you have a link you can post so i can figure it out?

Ya thats what i was thinkin, but I dont know that it'll work, which is why im askin. What do you mean by "good luck sourcing those parts"? Im just tryin to get a feel for all possible options before i fully committ to one setup. Lets say i do get those rods and that crank, what block can i put em in? Will they go in a B18A-B block (ur link says itll work) or will the compression hieght be insane? Thanks for that link by the way.

I knew theyld go in anything but the B16 and B17, I was just checkin myself since im still gettin a feel for hondas, but its all good. Ill be usin aftermarket rods so im not to worried about that, and ill just hafta be patient and wait till i can find a factory crank or afford an aftermarket one. Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for the info. Do you have a link to a site with complete B-series engine dimesions? The only way I can remember these things is if I can read it, otherwise I start to forget after a while.

Lol, another one i shoulda seen comin. Ya thats the first thing i tried, but i musta typed my search in wrong. Thanks for all the help and not bein an asshole when i ask stupid questions. Im still just tryin to learn all i can from ppl who have their facts straight.

Lol, Id at least like to do better than 1.55. At this point Im just doin it so i can say i really planed out all aspects of my build. Its not gunna do anything but give me bragin rights over everyone else in my area with an LS/vtec, being as only half the ppl with them actually built the motors themselves, and even then they used bottom ends in desperate need of new rings. lol

well I would hope it is for more than just bragging rights cause that is gonna be quite a bit of money to spend on bragging rights

Well Ill be makin more power then any LS/V's in my area so thatll be nice. One more question, how do Tuner Toys rods rate? The site says theyre good for like 600hp or sumthin, but i dont see many ppl runnin em, or talkin abd about em for that matter. The price seems low so i would assume theyre not good quality but i dont know, thanks again.

Lol, now I understand. "If it aint main stream, it aint nuthin!" huh? Considering the price Im thinkin Im gunna order myself a set. Thanks for the info.

Back